Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) February 13, 2014
CookingSchools.com, an online directory of culinary arts schools, discusses five ways to improve Italian cooking skills.
According to a February 7th article published by Stuff titled “How to Cook Like an Italian,” Italian cuisine is one of the most popular types of food in the world. Learning to cook a certain cuisine can help people learn about the culture and create great-tasting authentic food. However, the article says taking on an entire cuisine can be very intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be that hard.
Andrew Girard, a representative from CookingSchools.com, a directory of culinary arts schools, says that cooking like an Italian is not difficult, it just takes practice. Girard details five ways people can enhance their Italian cooking skills.
1. Use fresh ingredients to add flavor. “Like all food, Italian dishes taste best with fresh ingredients. Go to your local farmer’s market and butcher for the best quality ingredients.
2. Don’t overdo it. “Most Italian dishes use only a few ingredients and simple preparation methods. Don’t make your dishes too complicated, stay simple.”
3. Be yourself. “There are so many successful Italian chefs,” Girard says. “All of them put their own twists on recipes to create amazing meals. Don’t be afraid to try new things and just be yourself.”
4. When in doubt, add some olive oil. “Olive oil is one of the essential components of Italian cooking,” he says. “It can bring out the flavor of your ingredients, while adding moisture. It’s also extremely healthy for you, and can be used to replace butter in many dishes.”
5. Don’t waste anything. “When cooking, use all available resources,” he says. “Find uses for all parts of the animal. For instance, the article says that if you cook a chicken, you can use all the parts, not just the meat. You could use the carcass as a base for a chicken soup or broth. It’s important to think of how else you can use ingredients.”
Girard says following these tips is a great start, but taking classes to improve cooking skills is also a smart option. “Enrolling in a cooking school or class is usually the best way to improve your skills, especially if you want to make it your career. CookingSchools.com is the best resource to help you find the perfect cooking school that fits your needs.”
CookingSchools.com is the leading source for information on culinary degrees, culinary schools and cooking programs. Maintained by Monster.com, a popular resource for job seekers and employers, CookingSchools.com helps prospective chefs, teachers, restaurant managers and culinary students find schools, jobs, and programs best suited for their needs. CookingSchools.com is an affiliate of ArtSchools.com, a similar directory featuring the top art schools.