Budgeting isn't always easy, now homeowners can save on monthly expenses with this simple tips.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) November 06, 2013
Budgeting is vital, particularly as the economy is still a bit shaky for many Americans. Consumers throughout the country are spending unnecessary money every month, but there are simple ways to cut monthly expenses and have more money left over each month. AlarmSystemReport.com, a consumer resource that reviews alarm companies coast-to-coast, from Maine security systems to Washington security systems, has put together a list of very easy and effective ways people can trim their monthly expenses.
1. Examine how much money is being spent on food each month, and find ways to reduce it. For example, cook large batches of food that can be frozen for later, or eaten for several meals. It’s also a good idea to make lunches, rather than eating out, and replacing expensive items, like beef, with less expensive substitutes, like chicken. Food is a significant expense for many people, and just by making lists and taking an assessment of what’s being spent, consumers can save a lot on monthly bills.
2. Ditch the luxury vehicle, and instead opt for an affordable, reliable car. Many people are throwing away hundreds of dollars each month on an expensive car lease or payment. Reliability is key, and there are a number of great cars that are inexpensive, safe and do the job just fine.
3. Ditch the gym membership. Many people are paying for a monthly gym membership that hardly gets used. Even if it does get used, there are less expensive alternatives, such as workout DVDs or exercising outdoors.
4. Save money on your insurance policies. There are a couple of easy ways to do this—the first is to through the installation of top home alarm systems, as well as a car alarm system. This will lower homeowner’s and auto insurance premiums. If a consumer doesn’t want to spend the money for an alarm installation, there are also great DIY alarm systems that will also help save money on insurance premiums. Another way to save on insurance costs is by bundling several policies together at one company—for example, auto and homeowner’s.
5. Go through monthly bills, including security monitoring, cell phones, cable, etc. and find ways to eliminate unnecessary expenses. Many of these bills have lots of added features that probably aren’t being used, so slim down on the extras.
6. Making a home more energy efficient with easy steps, like sealing cracks and using a programmable thermostat, can mean big savings on energy bills each month.
7. Always pay bills on time—late fees can be hefty, and they can be an unnecessary and avoidable expense. Budgeting software like Mint.com can help in reminding a consumer when bills are due.
AlarmSystemReport.com is the nation’s leading, independent provider of information about the alarm system industry. The site conducts in-depth, secret shopper style reviews of the top alarm companies in the country. A new ADT review is currently being featured on the site, as well as several other recently updated reviews of big name security companies.