London (PRWEB UK) 31 August 2013
Cyber security incidents worldwide are increasing daily and one of the most vulnerable sectors is oil and gas where over 2 million threats of varying complexity are experienced weekly. Against this backdrop, oil and gas companies are now heavily investing in establishing the most comprehensive security systems for their assets and digital infrastructures as spending is set to reach $1.87 billion by 2018.
(Source: ABI Research, 29 Jan, 'Cyber-attacks Against Oil & Gas Infrastructure to Drive $1.87 Billion in Cybersecurity Spending by 2018', https://www.abiresearch.com/press/cyber-attacks-against-oil-gas-infrastructure-to-dr)
SMi's 3rd annual Oil and Gas Cyber Security conference will evaluate current cyber security measures with keynote presentations from Maersk Oil, Petroleum Development Oman, Shell and GDF Suez. The two-day programme will build on the success of the 2012 event and discuss recent efforts to bolster protection of highly valuable intellectual property and commercially sensitive information on production, exploration plans and assets. Managing security of networks and wireless communication systems, as well as defending IT infrastructure from external virus attacks and internal compatibility threats is a top priority.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Claudio Lo Cicero, Head of Global Information Security, Maersk Oil
- Fathiya Al Farsi, Head IM&T Risk Management, Petroleum Development Oman
- Phil Jones, Security and Resilience Manager, GDF Suez E&P UK Ltd
- Auke Huistra, Lead Workforce Development PCD IT Security, Shell Projects & Technology
- Annemarie Zielstra, Director, International Relations, Cyber Resilience, TNO
- Dr Gal Luft, Co-Director, Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, Senior Adviser, United States Energy Security Council
- Geir Arild Engh-Hellesvik, Senior Manager, Technology Risk Services, BDO Norway
- Andrea Rigoni, Director General, GCSEC Global Cyber Security Centre
- Edward Hamilton, Head of Threat and Vulnerability Management, PWC
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013cyber-security17.asp.