London (PRWEB UK) 14 May 2014
SMi's 4th Oil and Gas Cyber Security conference will address the most pressing cyber security issues facing the industry with case studies delivered by senior industry decision makers from Total, GDF Suez, Salalah Methanol Company, Tullow Oil, Cairn India and Saudi Aramco. In addition to plethora of oil and gas companies presenting, the conference also has confirmed attendees from companies including Statoil, BP, Repsol, Preem, North Energy and Genel Energy among others. The two-day programme will build on the success of the 2013 event by discussing recent efforts to bolster protection of highly valuable intellectual property and commercially sensitive information on production, exploration plans and assets through project updates, case studies, live demonstrations, technology sessions, panel debates and networking opportunities.
Register with Confirmed Attendees from Companies including:
British Embassy – Norway, Tullow Oil, Waterfall Security, Frazer-Nash Consultancy, SecurityMatters, National Oilwell Varco, Fox IT, Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, Bachem Feinchemikalien AG, BDO Norway, Honeywell Process Solutions, Salalah Methanol Company, Cairn India, Norwegian Business and Industry Security Council (NSR), Total, DefenceCorp, GDF Suez, Genel Energy, Gjøvik University College, Saudi Aramco, Selex ES, Digital Shadows, 4Secure, University of Oxford, BP, Applied Risk, Ixia Technologies, Schneider Electric, Secure-NOK, Statoil, Preem, North Energy, Focal Point, Repsol, Bechtel, Bachem Feinchemikalien A G, TUV Rheinland i-sec GmbH and more!
- Learn from other global oil and gas companies to improve your own cyber security measures with case studies from Total, GDF Suez, Tullow Oil, Salalah Methanol Company, Cairn India and Saudi Aramco
- Network with confirmed attendees from oil and gas companies including Statoil, BP, Repsol, Preem, North Energy and Genel Energy among others
- Witness two Live Demonstrations: ‘How to survive or avoid a DDoS attack’ led by Andy Young, Senior Cyber Systems Engineer, Ixia Technologies on Day One at 10.10 and 'Defending Networks through Simulation’ led by Nuri Fattah, Director, DefenceCorp on Day Two at 13.30
- Take away ideas on how to best improve your security for safer operations
- Network with your peers at the evening drinks reception taking place at the British Ambassador’s Residence, Oslo
Key case studies include:
- How cybersecurity is transforming security
Jacques Sibue, Group CISO, GDF Suez
- Industrial Systems – Practical Security
Ewen MacDonald, Lead Instrument and Systems Engineer, Total
- If you can spot it, you can stop it – defending against new norm
Senior Representative, Tullow Oil
- The cyber security indicator
Ammar Qatan, Information Technology Manager, Salalah Methanol Company
- Securing the unsecured with eyes wide open
Gomeet Pant, Information Security Manager, Cairn India
- Industrial Control Systems Security
Bandar Mesned Al Saifi, Data Network Engineer, Saudi Aramco
View the full speaker line up and complete conference programme at http://www.smi-online.co.uk/oilandgas-cybersecurity10.asp.
Don't miss 2 interactive workshops both taking place on the 5th June 2014:
A) Network monitoring and Situational Awareness for Oil and Gas OT infrastructure | Led by Dr Damiano Bolzoni, Chief Operating Officer, SecurityMatters | 08.30-12.30
B) Cyber Security Incident Handling for Oil and Gas | Led by Dr Siv Hilde Houmb, CEO and CTO, Secure-NOK AS | 13.30-17.00
Visit the website for further details about the Conference, Workshops and Evening Drinks Reception Hosted by SMi and UK Trade & Investment on 3rd June 2014:
SMi in association with UK Trade & Investment invites you to join them for a drinks reception at The British Ambassador’s residence on the evening of the first day of the conference, providing delegates further opportunity to network with industry professionals in a relaxing environment.