There is a lot of noise in the SaaS world and cybersecurity in general. We needed a name that would help us rise above that noise - DefenseStorm does just that.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) June 02, 2016
Praesidio, the leading security data platform provider for financial institutions, announced today the company will operate under the new name DefenseStorm. The company also announced several new product offerings and a plan to expand their sales efforts beyond financial institutions. The name change is part of a re-branding initiative to better align with the company’s strategic expansion into other markets and future product roadmap.
“While our core focus will remain financial institutions, our hypothesis has been from inception that our platform would benefit any industry. The last two years have validated that theory and our name change is a reflection of that,” said Edgardo Nazario, DefenseStorm CEO and Co-Founder.
The name DefenseStorm was chosen for it’s subtle nod to the company’s founding name, Praesidio – which means protection in Latin. The name also reflects the organization’s continued mission of helping customers defend against a storm of cyber criminals that have only become more intelligent and more persistent in their attacks over the years.
“This is an important milestone for our two-year-old company, as our name change is a reflection of the growth and success we’ve seen in a relatively short period of time,” said Rani Khan, Director of Marketing at DefenseStorm. “There is a lot of noise in the SaaS world and cybersecurity in general. We needed a name that would help us rise above that noise and lead us into verticals beyond the financial industry – DefenseStorm does just that,” continued Khan.
DefenseStorm also announced several new product offerings that will make the daily work of cybersecurity professionals much easier. By unifying security into a single platform that is fast, intuitive, and intelligent - security analysts and CISOs will be able to tune out the noise and focus on stopping cybercriminals with greater precision than ever before.
"We've been building several new integrations and workflows for an emerging need - cloud security," said Sean Cassidy, DefenseStorm CTO. "The cloud is a great place to run your business, but it can be challenging to monitor for security events. We're extending our product, already successful at securing traditional networks, to secure cloud assets within the same seamless platform,” continued Cassidy.
The expanded DefenseStorm product will include:
- Cloud Security. Monitor and alert on security events in your cloud. Coordinate threat defense between your cloud and ground assets (on-premise, colo, etc.) for truly unified cybersecurity management.
- ForeverStore: Looking at historical data to diagnose and stop an attack is critical. DefenseStorm customers can store their data forever.
- Updated UI: Redesigned navigation that corresponds to the way security analysts want to work, resulting in fewer clicks and faster incident management.
- Alert Inbox: Too many alerts are just as bad as too few. With Alert Inbox, you can easily investigate and escalate/dismiss any number of alerts with a single click. Marking an alert as a false positive helps Alert Inbox learn which alerts are the signal and which are only noise.
- Point, Click, Block: Rapidly block threats without changing firewall rules or having to do other busywork that disrupts import workflow and takes up employee bandwidth with Active Response.
DefenseStorm is a Security Data Platform that watches everything on your network and matches it to your policies, providing cybersecurity management that is safe, compliant and cost effective. Built from the ground up in the cloud, DefenseStorm unifies detection, investigation, reporting, and compliance into a single place to manage cybersecurity data. Formed by bankers and technology experts, DefenseStorm aggregates event data across all cybersecurity tools and links policies to real-time alerts, so that financial institutions can prove to regulators they are both secure and compliant with evolving FFIEC cybersecurity requirements. For more information please visit http://www.DefenseStorm.com.