Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) July 25, 2017
Tidal Wave Telecom, the only provider of solutions which deliver Secured Video Relay for deaf inmates in prisons and jails, announced today that their Secured Video Relay solution now effectively eliminates ten dangerous holes in prisons and jails’ communication security. TTY (refers to any type of text terminal or text telephone), has been replaced by a newer video-based technology called Video Relay, more commonly known as “VRS,” which seamlessly relays a video call between a deaf individual and a hearing person via a sign language interpreter. For their deaf inmates, prisons and jails have a choice between two video relay options – residential or secured. Tidal Wave Telecom’s video relay, the only secure solution available, is a secure front end that connects deaf inmate video calls to federally licensed service providers and reduces numerous security risks, thereby making it easier for prison and jail staff to do their job in a safer environment.
Tidal Wave Telecom’s Secured Video Relay solution eliminates ten dangerous holes in communication security by:
- Providing a VRS video recorder that captures video and audio from both parties that allows for call monitoring.
- Identifying calls from prisoners.
- Only acquiring VRS numbers from strategic VRS providers.
- Disabling residential VRS video mail for deaf prisoners.
- Installing a secure front-end system allowing jail and prison administrators to manage prisoner profiles, authorize VRS calls, and block all incoming calls.
- Requiring each deaf inmate to sign in using a facility assigned profile instead of a profile provided by the residential VRS provider.
- Authenticating prisoners at the prison or jail instead of at the VRS provider.
- Limiting deaf inmates to one video call per sign in.
- Supporting maximum time limits per call.
- Auto signs off on idle.
Tidal Wave Telecom’s systems are available in turnkey or cloud-based solutions. For more information or to order Secured Video Relay solutions, call Tidal Wave Telecom at 916-751-5500 or email sales (at) tidalwavetelecom.com.
ABOUT TIDAL WAVE TELECOM
Tidal Wave Telecom provides Secured Video Relay solutions to corrections agencies nationwide to meet the security and compliance requirements of the ADA, NRA, and PREA for deaf and hard-of-hearing (HoH) inmates. They are the only provider of Secured Video Relay. The company’s SecureVRS® system addresses the inherent security risks which exist in the FCC's residential VRS system. Visit https://www.tidalwavetelecom.com/ to learn more.