New York, NY (PRWEB) September 04, 2013
N2ITIV Solutions, the blog for entrepreneurs and start-ups, has released a new comprehensive video module entitled, "The 3 Components Of Designing A Brand Identity." In this video module, co-founder Gary O'Neil discusses three tactics the best brands use to strengthen their value and create a better connection with their customers.
O'Neil, having been a brand strategist for some of the top brands and celebrities in the world including JC Penney and media mogul Russell Simmons, discusses the various components of associative, pain and connective branding.
1. Associative Branding - O'Neil begins by discussing Associative Branding, which is when brands use other brands, high impact people and other groups and organizations to increase the value of their own brand. This is a key tactic in establishing a marketing differentiation strategy that sets a brand apart from its competition.This section of the module discusses both the benefits and detriments of using associations to increase brand awareness and brand integrity.
2. Pain Branding - O'Neil continues by explaining another method of designing a brand identity called, 'pain branding' which is solution-based, where the marketability of a brand is dependent upon its ability to build brand equity by solving a specific problem. O’Neil uses the branding campaigns of Adidas, Puma, Nike and Under Armour to express this point to show how these brands use pain and solution based branding to leverage their marketability. Examples here include people buying these brands because they want a result- namely to run faster or jump higher, stay dryer, etc etc. Once a brand develops that connection with the customer from a perspective of pain, that customer often goes back to that brand for that particular solution.
3. Connective Branding - In this section, O'Neil discusses connective branding and how the power of connective branding lies in creating core based values that tie back to the emotions of the customer. He discusses how the purpose of connective branding is to build a message that coincides with the feelings and challenges in the lives of their customers.
O'Neil uses many branding strategy examples, including Coca-Cola, Apple, Nike and Dove during the course of the module to show other components the best brands use the maximize their long-term value. Examples include:
1. Brand-customer alignment
2. Mass customization (what it is and who does it)
3. Customer-centric branding;
4. Shareability factors
5. Maximum integration
To view the extended training module, go to the Bear Essentials page, a section of the site dedicated to offer help for entrepreneurs. This section also contains an archive of all the training modules available on the N2ITIV site.
N2ITIV Solutions, founded by MJ Gottlieb and Gary O'Neil, is a strategic consulting firm specializing in the implementation of creative business strategies to help aspiring entrepreneurs and small businesses increase their brand awareness and monetize their businesses. The N2ITIV website is an entrepreneur and startup blog offering advice learned through Gottlieb and O’Neil’s experience owning and operating five companies over the last 21 years.