Watching the kids' faces light up when they get to eat the pizzas they made themselves is an incredibly rewarding experience.
Detroit, MI (PRWEB) November 30, 2013
Detroit Style Pizza Co. today announced its popular pizza tours for kids will now be held at its new Roseville location. Developed by World Champion Pizza Maker Shawn Randazzo, the tours serve as group outing activities for schools, churches and scouting troops because they are designed to fuse fun, education and lasting memories into a single 90-minute experience.
Each Detroit Style Pizza Co. Tour features:
- An entertaining history lesson on the 1946 origins of Authentic Detroit Style Pizza, the automotive parts trays pans they're traditionally baked in and what makes the style of pizza so unique.
- A tour of the kitchen, where children get to meet pizzeria staff and learn what their individual jobs are. Children also learn about kitchen safety and the entire pizza preparation process, including the science behind dough fermentation.
- A pizza box folding contest, with gift cards awarded to the fastest three folders.
- An opportunity for each child (and adults) to make their own Authentic Detroit Style Pizza with up to three toppings each. The children are involved in the entire “hands-on” process and learn how to properly prepare Authentic Detroit Style Pizza.
- The chance to play with pizza dough.
- A pizza party in which each child gets to eat the pizza they made.
- Goodie bags with stickers, a menu and a 50 percent off coupon for Detroit Style Pizza Co. In addition, scouts receive a Pizza Tour Fun Patch.
“We're thrilled to bring our Detroit Style Pizza Co. tour to our new Roseville location, which was designed to immerse families in the entire Detroit experience complete with Detroit-themed wall art, a large dining area and of course Authentic Detroit Style Pizza,” said Randazzo. “A lot of people don't know how much history is behind Detroit Style Pizza, so our goal is to make sure everyone has a blast learning about Detroit history and our pizza style. For my part, watching the kids' faces light up when they get to eat the pizzas they made themselves is an incredibly rewarding experience.”
The Detroit Style Pizza Co. Tour was designed to be fun and educational for both children and adults. In the past, the tour has been a popular feature at the company's St. Clair Shores and Clinton Township locations; from now on, the tours will be held at the Roseville pizzeria due to its larger seating area. The tour will also be available in St. Clair Shores upon request.
The ideal group size for the tour is 5 to 30 people, including adults. Tours must be scheduled at least a week in advance and are held between 9 a.m. and noon Saturdays and Sundays as well as from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on non-school weekdays, subject to availability. The fee for the tour is $10 per person.
Authentic Detroit Style Pizza was first baked in 1946 when returning World War II troops demanded new fare that featured European flavors. Many establishments began serving fish and chips to meet this demand, but some opted for a new dish featuring a Sicilian-style dough baked in well-seasoned square steel automotive parts pans and Detroit Style Pizza was born.
Authentic Detroit Style Pizza is still baked in seasoned square steel pans and features a thick, light and airy on the inside, crispy on the outside crust. The dough is lined with pepperoni then topped with brick and mozzarella cheeses and then other toppings before being baked in a deck oven. After baking, red sauce is ladled on top, lending Authentic Detroit Style Pizza the nicknames “red top pizza” and “upside down pizza.”
In 2012, Shawn Randazzo's Authentic Detroit Style Pizza was named “World's Best Pizza” at the International Pizza Expo, where he was also crowned World Champion Pizza Maker. Randazzo's three Metro Detroit locations serve his World Champion recipe, and he has made it his mission to ensure everyone gets a taste of the “Motor City Secret.”
To learn more, visit http://detroitstylepizza.co/kid-tours/.
Detroit Style Pizza Company's mission is to foster the growth of Authentic Detroit Style Pizza into a globally-recognized and popular style of pizza enjoyed by millions worldwide. The organization offers a training program to help pizza entrepreneurs ensure authenticity and achieve pizzeria business success. The goal is to make sure everyone gets a taste of Authentic Detroit Style Pizza.
# # #