Seattle, WA (PRWEB) December 05, 2013
The prospect of completing DIY projects can seem intimidating, but when homeowners do their own work they can also save a lot of money. For beginners, there are some great projects that are both simple to complete, and can have a big impact on the quality and value of a home.
The team at SecuritySystemReviews.com created a list of tips to help novice DIYers get started on a few home improvement projects. Security System Reviews is a website that provides in-depth, comprehensive reviews of the best security companies throughout the country, from Connecticut security systems all the way to California security systems.
1. Don’t underestimate the importance of landscaping. Curb appeal is important to the value of a home, and it can also serve as a way to deter intruders. Adding some neatly trimmed shrubbery, or stone walkways can go a long way to make a home look better and be safer, and it’s also relatively easy to complete.
2. Adding a storm door is simple, and can make a home not only safer, but also more energy efficient. There are a number of storm door designs that are also visually appealing, so this project is another quick and easy way to improve the overall curb appeal of a home.
3. Replace light fixtures in both the interior and exterior of a home. A homeowner doesn’t have to be a professional electrician to easily replace fixtures that are outdated. New lights can make a home more stylish, and can also make a home safer on the exterior.
4. Do it yourself security systems are generally easy enough for even a beginner to install, and they make a home safe. Security systems are also something many buyers look for, so they improve the value of a home. Wireless security systems have come a long way in recent years, and the installation process is fairly simple, and requires no hard-wiring.
5. Add a tile backsplash in the kitchen. Most home improvement stores have premade mosaic style backsplashes that offer ultra-easy installation. A backsplash can change the entire look of a kitchen, and with new options, it’s not necessary that a homeowner have any tile experience to properly install one.
Security System Reviews is a leading third party providing of information pertaining to home security systems. The site offers not only reviews, but also rankings, news, updates and tips. Information is organized in a user-friendly, convenient format, and consumers also have access to valuable discount codes and coupons when they visit the site.