With oil prices at all-time lows and the COVID-19 pandemic causing demand to flatline, downstream players need to come together to chart a route through an uncertain future
HOUSTON (PRWEB) May 06, 2020
The Downstream 2020 online conference and expo, scheduled for June 9-11, will offer more than 15,000 attendees access to 40-plus live and on-demand sessions from at least 150 speakers, giving the industry a unique opportunity to share knowledge and best practice at a critical time.
Downstream industry players that have reaffirmed their commitment to the event include Air Liquide, AkzoNobel, BASF, Bechtel, BP, Chevron, Dow, Eastman, P&G Chemicals, Phillips 66, SABIC, Shell and Wood Mackenzie, among others.
Attendance is free, with visitors able to book tickets from today at http://www.downstreamevent.com
“With oil prices at all-time lows and the COVID-19 pandemic causing demand to flatline, downstream players need to come together to chart a route through an uncertain future,” said Kerr Jeferies, global project director for Petrochemical Update, the Reuters Events unit staging the event.
“It is more important than ever for there to be fluid dialogue between all those affected by our new market reality,” he added. “Running Downstream 2020 as a virtual event will ensure our experts can reach as wide an audience as possible, contributing to the search for solutions.”
The Downstream 2020 virtual event will include:
- Content geared to the downstream sector’s three core verticals: engineering and construction, operations, and supply chain and logistics.
- The cutting-edge agenda will feature more than 150 world-class presentation, panels, interviews and exclusive COVID-19 and oil price crash updates.
- A dedicated virtual meeting platform to facilitate one-to-one networking.
- The best speaker lineup the industry has ever seen, offline or online.
- Fully interactive sessions including live Q&As and audience polls.
- A unique virtual exhibition featuring more than 50 exhibitors.
The Downstream 2020 virtual event will give participants unparalleled access to industry thought leaders, with the ability to get in-depth answers and participate in key discussions in real time as well as catch up on missed sessions with on-demand recordings.
“Downstream has a reputation as not only the biggest but also the most innovative conference in the sector,” said Jeferies. “With the unprecedented challenges we face in 2020, it made sense for us to reinvent this vital event in a way that delivers more value than ever before.”
Downstream 2020 takes place on June 10 and 11, 2020, and registration is free at http://www.downstreamevent.com.