Performance requirements continue to increase and with that comes added heat. Temprion™ was specifically designed to meet these growing needs and reliably deliver performance that can be counted on for the lifetime of an application.
WILMINGTON, Del. (PRWEB) November 03, 2016
DuPont Electronic Materials today announced the launch of a new portfolio of thermal solutions under the brand name DuPont™ Temprion™ thermal management materials. The Temprion™ portfolio is completely non-silicone and currently includes thermal greases, thermal gap fillers, electrically insulating films and adhesive thermal tapes. In applications such as hand-held devices, computers, car batteries and high-power electronic motors where heat dissipation is a major concern, the use of Temprion™ can improve performance, reduce the risk of failure and allow engineers to design with confidence. DuPont will showcase the Temprion™ portfolio at the upcoming electronica tradeshow in Munich, Germany, Nov. 8-11, 2016, in hall C4, booth 210.
“Thermal management is a significant challenge for application engineers,” said DuPont Electronic Materials Industrial Segment Leader Itaru Matsuyama. “Performance requirements continue to increase and with that comes added heat. Temprion™ was specifically designed to meet these growing needs and reliably deliver performance that can be counted on for the lifetime of an application.”
Thermal management materials play a critical role in ensuring electronic devices and electrical assemblies run properly. If heat is not properly dissipated, it can result in catastrophic failure, including fire. The Temprion™ portfolio of products offer excellent thermal conductivity, lower thermal resistance, greater heat dissipation and improved thermal stability during continuous use. The portfolio currently includes:
- DuPont™ Temprion™ electrically insulating films – offer thermal conductivity and thermal resistance that are nearly two times higher performing than next best alternative competitive product; ideal for power electronic, consumer devices, and lithium-ion batteries.
- DuPont™ Temprion™ thermal greases – dispensable and designed for thin bond-line applications such as in LEDs and CPUs.
- DuPont™ Temprion™ thermal gap fillers – dispensable and designed for thick or multiple bond-line applications such as in power modules and automotive applications.
- DuPont™ Temprion™ adhesive thermal tapes – offer low thermal resistance at low application pressure for bonding heatsinks or heat spreaders in applications such as computers and LED lighting.
In addition to Temprion™, DuPont also offers a number of complementary thermal materials including:
- DuPont™ Kapton® MT+ polyimide film – offers the highest thermal conductivity with the electrical and mechanical durability expected from the Kapton® brand.
- DuPont™ Kapton® RS polyimide film – electrically conductive polyimide film with a constant resistivity that can be used in a variety of flexible heater applications.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.
# # #
The DuPont Oval logo, DuPont™ and all products, unless otherwise noted, denoted with ™, ℠or ® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.