DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions Highlights How Materials Matter at SNEC
Optimizing Performance, Lifetime and Return on Investment for Solar
Shanghai, China (PRWEB) May 19, 2014
DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions (DuPont) is highlighting how materials matter to help improve the performance, lifetime and return on investment (ROI) for solar energy systems during SNEC, May 20 – 22, 2014 at the Shanghai New International Expo Center. The DuPont booth (W4-555) will feature the latest advanced materials, as well as solar panels made with DuPont materials from China Power Investment (CPI), China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection (CECEP), and high-efficiency Yingli Solar PANDA Series solar panels using n-doped silicon that will be part of a new, model project for Chinese distributed photovoltaic (PV) power generation at the DuPont China Technical Center. DuPont representatives also will share their insights in 10 key leadership and technical forums during SNEC.
Featured attractions in the DuPont booth include:
DuPont™ Solamet® photovoltaic metallization pastes for high-efficiency solar cells, including integrated offerings for Local Back Surface Field (LBSF) solar cells that can help improve power output; Solamet® PV3Nx, the latest silver/aluminum paste for n-type cells that can demonstrate up to 19.5 percent efficiency in commercial production.
- DuPont™ Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) film – the only backsheet material proven to protect solar panels in the field for more than 30 years even in extreme conditions.
- Panels from the extensive DuPont field testing program that demonstrate how materials selections can impact system performance and lifetime.
- New findings from the latest field research across China, the United States and Europe that indicate issues with current solar panel testing methods, and demonstrate the need for stronger standards to help ensure reliable performance over the lifetime of systems.
- Video highlights of a new model project for Chinese distributed PV power generation systems, located on the rooftop of the DuPont China R&D Center in Shanghai. The 210 kilowatt installation features the latest high-efficiency Yingli Solar PANDA Series solar panels made with Solamet® paste using n-doped silicon, Tedlar® film-based backsheet, and lightweight framing materials made by DuPont.
Leadership and technical forums during SNEC where DuPont is participating include:
- Solar Leaders Dialogue: New Opportunities for New Technologies, New Models, with panelist Chuck Xu, global business director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions
- Global PV Financial Summit 2014: Driving the Sustainable Development of the Manufacturing Industry through Bankability and Differentiation, featuring panelist Conrad Burke, global marketing director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions
- Chief Technology Officer Dialogue: Impact of PV Innovation and Industry Consolidation on Dollar per Watt Module Costs, with panelist Dr. Homer Antoniadis, global technology director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions
- OFweek Solar & PV Seminar 2014: Advanced High Efficiency Solar Cell Technology, presented by Dr. Mike Barker, Asia Pacific R&D manager, DuPont Microcircuit Materials
- Decoupling the Contact and Conducting Functions in Screen Printing Metallization for n-type Solar Cells, presented by Dr. Norihiko Takeda, senior technical specialist, DuPont Microcircuit Materials
- DuPont e-Frame Solution for Easy and Quick Installation, presented by Dr. Huaili Qin, research chemist, R&D, DuPont China
- PV Technology Development and Innovation at DuPont, presented by Dr. Homer Antoniadis
- Understanding Backsheet Durability through Field Studies and Accelerated Stress Testing, presented by Dr. Oakland Fu, technical specialist, DuPont Photovoltaic Fluoromaterials
- Distributed Generation: a Case Study of Commercial and Industrial PV Installations, presented by Dr. Alexander Bradley, principal investigator, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions
- Root Cause Study of Snail Trails, poster presentation by Jinyong Wang, analytical chemist, R&D, DuPont China
DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions is the leading supplier of specialty materials to the solar industry. More than half of the world’s 400 million panels installed since 1975 have DuPont materials in them. To learn more, please visit http://photovoltaics.dupont.com.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.
The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™ and The miracles of science™, Solamet® and Tedlar® are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.