Our intensive testing helps growers find a Pioneer® brand corn product that will help them meet their yield objective within their unique growing conditions.
DES MOINES, Iowa (PRWEB) December 11, 2014
DuPont Pioneer today released its 2015 corn product offerings, featuring a broad line-up of locally advanced and tested products designed to deliver yield consistency and help improve grower profitability in the coming season.
“A grower’s seed decision is central to achieving whole-farm profitability,” said Ryan French, DuPont Pioneer senior corn marketing manager. “Our sales representatives and local field staff are committed to working closely with growers to build a seed plan that brings together the right combination of genetics and traits to complement their management practices and overall operational goals.”
The 2015 line-up includes 48 new corn products ranging from 70 to 121 comparative relative maturity and features 27 new genetic platforms with high-performing trait packages that have been locally tested to meet growers’ agronomic, environmental and management challenges. Pioneer conducted more than 1,300 corn IMPACT™ trials (Intensively Managed Product Advancement, Characterization and Testing) in 2014 to determine the right fit for new products in the pipeline across a wide range of geographies and growing conditions.
Extensive product and agronomic knowledge gained through the Pioneer® GrowingPoint® agronomy on-farm trials also helps growers improve production practices and increase yields. Trials take place across the country and examine both products and practices in a wide variety of growing conditions to help growers identify local solutions to the toughest agronomic and management practices they face.
“Our intensive testing helps growers find a Pioneer® brand corn product that will help them meet their yield objective within their unique growing conditions,” said French.
Pioneer also is providing growers with ways to maximize their seed investment and increase whole-farm profitability beyond the bag of seed. Encirca℠ services are available in the United States to meet customer demand for more intensive and differential management on an acre-by-acre and an input-by-input basis. The service offerings today include enhanced market and news services, field-by-field weather and a nitrogen management service to drive efficiency, productivity and profitability.
Additionally, select Pioneer® brand corn products in the United States will feature DuPont™ Lumivia™ insecticide seed treatment in 2015 as part of the Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment (PPST) program as PPST 250 plus DuPont™ Lumivia™. This option will be available on select new products for 2015 spring planting, and provides excellent insect pest and disease pressure protection for the top-yielding hybrids in the Pioneer corn hybrid line.
“Pioneer service doesn’t stop at the seed sale,” said French. “Our Pioneer team is with growers from the beginning of the season through harvest each year, giving them the tools they need to protect their investment.”
Corn Lineup Highlights
- The 2015 product offering includes 12 new products from 96 to114-day maturity featuring four new genetic platforms for the Optimum® AQUAmax® product line-up which was planted on about 10 million acres in 2014. Optimum® AQUAmax® hybrids perform under water-limited conditions and also offer top-end yield potential under favorable moisture conditions, making it a strong choice for many growers.
- New genetic platforms featuring 13 new products coupled with insect protection traits in the expanding lineup of triple-stack Optimum® AcreMax® products provide growers the opportunity to deliver the excellent yields.
- The limited introduction of Optimum® Leptra® products in the Southern United States offers growers products with multiple modes of action for enhanced protection against above-ground insect pests such as European corn borer, corn ear worm, fall army worm and stalk borer, providing strong yield performance combined with reliable grain quality.
- Pioneer® brand Brown MidRib (BMR) Silage Products with a CRM range of 102 to 114 days will continue to offer strong performance in 2015, following impressive 2014 results in on-farm silage trials. BMR is a growing segment of the more than 7 million overall corn silage acres in the United States, and 2015 also will mark the first year Pioneer® brand BMR products will be available with integrated refuge solutions.
- In Western Canada, Pioneer will launch three new genetic platforms from 70 to 72 day relative maturity and feature two new Optimum® AcreMax® products with above ground insect protection for European corn borer control and the convenience of integrated refuge for planting in 2015.
For more information, visit the DuPont Pioneer Corn Guide or contact your local Pioneer sales professional.
DuPont Pioneer is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries. Pioneer provides agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability and strives to develop sustainable agricultural systems for people everywhere. Science with Service Delivering Success®.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders, we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.
# # #
Editor’s Note: Download our latest video, audio and product information at the Pioneer Media Resource.
The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™, IMPACT™, Optimum® AQUAmax®, AcreMax®, Leptra®, GrowingPoint®, Lumivia™, Encirca℠, Science with Service Delivering Success® and Pioneer® are trademarks or registered trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.
Herculex® Insect Protection technology by Dow AgroSciences, Pioneer Hi-Bred Herculex® and the HX logo are registered trademarks of Dow AgroSciences LLC. YieldGard® Corn Borer design and Roundup Ready® are registered trademarks used under license from Monsanto Company. LibertyLink® and the Water Droplet Design® are trademarks of Bayer Agrisure® and Agrisure Viptera® are registered trademarks of, and used under license from a Syngenta Group Company Agrisure® technology incorporated into these seeds is commercialized under a license from Syngenta Crop Protection AG.