ITASCA, Ill. (PRWEB) May 31, 2019
Eaglewood Resort & Spa (Eaglewood) is kicking-off summer in a big way by announcing the resort’s 11th annual Sounds of Summer Concert Series along with jam-packed foodie fun events for families, guests and locals. Chicagoland residents and visitors can anticipate top-notch outdoor live performances from well-known artists such as Jessica Lynn as well as a variety of recreational, foodie and relaxing activities all summer long.
Summer events and attractions at Eaglewood include:
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series: Eaglewood is pleased to announce its 11th annual summer concert series bringing live music to Chicagoland every Friday and Saturday night now through September 28. Guests and residents are invited to enjoy over 40 free, live musical performances on the resort’s picturesque outdoor patio* and terrace, while sipping on libations and savoring seasonal bites from Prairie River restaurant. A complete Sounds of Summer performance line-up can be found on the resort’s website and just a few highlights include:
- Fri., May 31: The Belvederes, an original Rock n' Roll band from Chicagoland takes the stage at Eaglewood for a night of dynamic playing, tight harmonies, dance floor-friendly energy and lots of love.
- Sat., June 22: Joining Eaglewood after the heels of opening for Keith Urban, Jessica Lynn is an emerging high-energy and dynamic country music star, hailed as Shania Twain's successor. This free concert will include food stations, beer trucks, and more.
- Foodie Fun: Throughout the summer Eaglewood is hosting a wide-array of food and beverage-centric events including:
- May 31 Kickoff to Sounds of Summer Party: Featuring a free live performance from The Belvederes, guests are invited to enjoy a Tex Mex themed dinner for $18.95 (adults) and $9.95 (children three through 12), which includes all you can eat grilled chicken and steak fajitas, rice, beans, and street corn on the cob. S’mores kits will also be available for sale for roasting during the event.
- June 21 Summer Picnic Festival: Eaglewood celebrates the official first day of summer with a Summer Picnic Festival featuring live free music from It Takes Two. The picnic-inspired dinner for $18.95 (adults) and $9.95 (children three through 12), includes all you can eat burgers, brats, hot dogs, fried chicken, baked potato bar and picnic-inspired desserts. S’mores kits will also be available for sale.
- June 22 Summer Country Celebration: Eaglewood hosts a Summer Country Celebration sponsored by Sam Adams and Twisted Tea. Guests will enjoy the music of Jessica Lynn and Dixie Crush, and tastes of festival food, beer trucks, and have opportunities to partake in fun activities and a chance to win two tickets to Chicago’s Country Lake Shake 2019.
- July 4 Fireworks Dinner and Viewing Party: Eaglewood celebrates Independence Day with live music by The Goodfellas, chef-inspired dinner specials on Burnham restaurant’s terrace, and views of two local fireworks displays. The evening includes glow putting on the golf course, gourmet s’mores kits, half-priced bottles of select champagne and prosecco, $3 off all bourbons, and free glow sticks for kids with the purchase of dinner.
- Aug. 17 Throwback Glow Party: Eaglewood is breaking out glow sticks and glow gear for guests to sport while playing glow putting and glow bocce ball. The Sounds of Summer Concert series welcomes performances by Karma Committee, who will entertain guests with high energy songs paying tribute to artists from the 1990s and 2000s. The resort is also offering a prime rib dinner for $22.95.
- Aug. 31 Labor Day’s Hog Wild Weekend: Eaglewood hosts an All You Can Eat Hog Dinner for $18.95 featuring a smoked whole hog, pork and beans, grilled corn on the cobb station, carnitas tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, smoked sausage, coleslaw, country potato salad, and southern green beans. The Sounds of Summer Concert series welcomes performances by The B Side Band, who will entertain guests with a collection of rock and roll, funk and soul.
- Friday Night Burger Nights: Every Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Eaglewood invites local families, residents and guests to a “Build Your Own Burger Bar.” Priced at $14.95 per person, the burger bar will be open during all Summer Concert Series events.
- Saturday Nights are for Steak and Wine: Every Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Eaglewood rolls out 16oz Angus T-Bone, 10oz Hanger and 10oz Angus Sirloin steaks, and twin chicken breasts, along with half-bottles of William Hill wine for locals and resort guests to indulge in. Prices start at $18 per person, all steak and chicken entrees are served with the vegetable of the day and a baked potato.
- Summer Getaway Packages: All summer long, Eaglewood is offering a family-fun getaway package that includes dive-in movies at the indoor pool, marshmallow roasts, bowling at the on-site retro bowling alley, daily hot breakfasts, and more.
- Summer Fun Activities: Eaglewood’s golf course is officially open for golfers to book tee times, group outings, or participate in twilight or glow-in-the-dark golf now through the end of the season. In addition, the resort offers an indoor pool, state-of-the-art spa and wellness center, bowling, fire pit marshmallow roasts on the outdoor patio, and more to keep guests and locals of all ages active during the summer months.
More information on Eaglewood’s summer fun and upcoming events can be found at http://www.eaglewoodresort.com.
About Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Conveniently located just 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and 25 miles from downtown Chicago, Eaglewood Resort & Spa is nestled on 106 lush acres in Itasca, Illinois. Managed by Benchmark Resorts & Hotels, the AAA Four-Diamond resort features 295 spacious guestrooms and suites featuring large walk out balconies showcasing views of the championship golf course. Eaglewood boasts three distinct dining venues with fine and casual menu options, first-class recreation including a complete health SPA, 18-hole championship golf course, sparkling indoor pool with sundeck, fitness center and six-lane retro Kegler’s Bowling Alley, as well as 37,000 square feet of IACC-certified meeting and event space.
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
1401 Nordic Road
Itasca, IL 60143
- Sounds of Summer live performances will take place on the outdoor patio, weather permitting, and will be moved indoors if necessary.
Click here for photos.