There's no better way to celebrate the success of an educational brand than by nominating an exceptional person who has helped lift it to the top.
Parker, Colorado (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
The search is on for the 2014 International Brand Master, an exemplary educational marketing and branding professional, who will be recognized in the sixth annual International Brand Master Award competition sponsored by Educational Marketing Group (EMG). Educational marketing professionals may nominate a colleague or themselves now through Friday, March 13, 2015 on EMG's website.
"The International Brand Master must demonstrate exceptional skill and success in educational brand management during the past year," said Bob Brock, president of EMG, a leading educational brand development and marketing agency. "There's no better way to celebrate the success of an educational brand than by nominating an exceptional person who has helped lift it to the top."
International Brand Master Award nominees must be educational marketing professionals who:
- Are current branding, marketing, and/or communications professionals employed by an educational organization anywhere in the world;
- Have at least 3 years of professional marketing or communications experience;
- Have demonstrated exceptional skill and expertise in brand management, marketing, communications or related fields;
- Have led the development and/or led the success of an institution’s brand during the 2014 calendar year;
- Are a model of ethical and professional conduct;
- Exemplify a willingness and ability to advance the branding and marketing profession.
A top-notch panel of judges comprised of EMG senior consultants, prior awardees, and several experienced volunteers from the profession carefully review the credentials and achievements of each nominee. This panel selects up to three finalists based on their credentials and achievements. Marketing practitioners from around the world then have the opportunity to vote for their candidate of choice from among the finalists. The scores of the select panel of judges and the public votes are combined to determine the International Brand Master.
This year's winner will join an elite club of previous International Brand Masters:
- 2013: Seth Odell, Director of Interactive Marketing at Southern New Hampshire University
- 2012: Jason Cook, Vice President for Marketing & Communications at Texas A&M University
- 2011: Emma Leech, Director of Marketing and Communications at University of Nottingham
- 2010: John Lichtenberg, Chief Marketing & Enrollment Officer at Walsh College
- 2009: Andrew Careaga, Director of Communications at Missouri University of Science and Technology.
Since the award's inception in 2009, nominations have come in from across the U.S., Belgium, Netherlands, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Thailand. Last year, highly successful volunteer judges in the educational marketing field hailed from the U.S., Finland, United Kingdom, and South Africa. And during the public voting portion of the finalists over the last six years, over 7,000 votes were cast worldwide via EMG’s website, and on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #
International Brand Master Award Background
The International Brand Master award was established in 2009. In 2013, EMG received nominations from Canada, Australia, and the United States. A blue-ribbon panel of volunteer international judges reviewed supporting materials provided by the nominees. The judges narrowed the pool of 13 nominees to two from the United States and one from Canada, Jennifer Chesney from University of Alberta, Seth Odell from Southern New Hampshire University, and Rachel Reuben from Ithaca College. The three finalists were asked to provide a 500-word and three-URL statement which were voted on by professional marketers from around the world. Over the previous six years, over 7,000 votes from around the world were cast. The winner was chosen by a combination of public votes and the EMG panel of judges. For more information see: http://emgonline.com/ibm-award/about-the-award/.
Educational Marketing Group Background
EMG is a full-service, integrated brand development and marketing agency that provides custom-tailored research, brand development, creative development, new media services, professional development and media services for universities throughout North America. Headquartered in Denver, the company was established in 1997 and has operated in the education arena exclusively for 17 years. Clients have included North Carolina State University, Old Dominion University, University of Mary Washington, Washington State University, Virginia Tech, Cal Poly, Dalhousie University, University of Victoria, University of Colorado, University of Illinois, University of Michigan, University of Wyoming, and many others. More information can be found at http://www.emgonline.com.
Bob Brock, President
Educational Marketing Group, Inc.
19751 E. Mainstreet, Suite 247