Many people worry about their elderly relatives, the Carehub offers them peace of mind
Sheffield, UK (PRWEB) January 15, 2016
Many people get frustrated at not being able to easily contact elderly relatives and not knowing if they’re ok or not and older people can sometimes feel on the sidelines in this new hi-tech world, not really grasping new communication technology but still wanting their own independence. A new gadget has been developed to try and bridge this gap and offer peace of mind to both the younger generation and their elderly family.
The Carehub comprises of two elements: the device and the app. The device is a camera, temperature sensor, light sensor, motion detector and communication device in one compact unit. It acts as a communication tool and also relays important information to the app user on the well-being of their elderly relatives.
The whole idea for it started with two brothers who worked away and were looking at a way to stay in touch with their 75 year old mother.
Don Munro, CEO of Efergy who developed the Carehub explains: ‘I travel regularly and am frequently miles away from my mom, who isn’t the best at using online communication technology. She slipped and fell in the shower last year and she couldn’t call for help. I looked for a device that could send reports and risk alerts and allow us to call each other online, but we couldn’t find anything. That’s when we came up with the idea of the Carehub.’
The Carehub device is packed with a camera and multiple sensors. These sensors combined with a simple user interface app offer the following features:
- 2-Way Comms: Teaching elderly family to use Skype or FaceTime can be tough. The Carehub couldn’t be easier, mum presses the button on the top of the device and calls straight through to the app.
- Motion/ Non-Motion Alert: If there is movement or no movements in a preset time the device will send an alert to the app user. This is a great way to keep an eye on the day to day routines of the elderly family member.
- Critical Temperature Alert: Elderly people run a serious risk of illness or worse because their homes reach a critical temperature. The Carehub can be set to alert you if your parent’s home reaches a critical temperature so the family can act quickly.
- Reminder Alerts: The Carehub has this cool little feature to make sure your folks never forget those important things again. The app user can record a message into their smartphone and set it to play through the device.
- Motion Activated Nightlight: To minimize the risk of night-time accidents the Carehub has a nightlight which is activated from the motion detector or the light sensor.
Local Micro SD Card Storage: No cloud storage means no monthly subscription charge.
Gavin Munro of Efergy is confident about this product: ‘This campaign is important to us as we think it will give peace of mind to many people who are in similar situations to us. I know we’re not the only ones out there that need this product. It appeals people with elderly relatives, assisted carers, hospitals and many more sectors of the community. I feel we’ve developed something important here and I’m excited about the Carehub’s future.’
The Carehub is trending at the moment on Indiegogo and they’re looking for support. To find out more about this product go to Indiegogo.com and search ‘Carehub’ or go to this link (http://igg.me/at/carehub/x/8075951)