SAN LUIS OBISPO, California (PRWEB) January 30, 2019
Emerald Conference, the most technical scientific conference in the cannabis industry, will be held from Feb. 27 to March 1, 2019, at Loews Coronado Bay Resort in San Diego, Calif. The conference, which brings together the industry’s top scientists to present on the latest developments and advancements, announces today its specialized tracks and speakers. Emerald Conference targets analytical chemists, extraction professionals, cultivators, manufacturers and innovators.
A preview of educational tracks and presenters can be found below. To view the full agenda, please click here.
Session One: Cannabis Genomics and Chemotyping with Jessica Kristof
- Jessica Kristof is the Vice President of Research and Development at Phylos. Kristof works with the Phylos team to develop high-throughput assays to support cannabis growers. She was instrumental in developing both the Phylos Sex Test and the Phylos Certified Genotype Test. Her goals center on partnering with cultivators to develop new genetic tests and breeding tools that will propel the industry.
Session Two: Pre-Clinical/ Clinical Cannabis Research: Concepts, Controversies & Emerging Evidence with Patricia Reggio
- Patricia Reggio is Marie Foscue Rourk Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of North Carolina Greensboro. She has been active in the cannabinoid field since 1985. To date, she has published over 100 papers on the cannabinoids. Using binding site information that she and her collaborators have generated, her lab has been able to design unique compounds, such as the first neutral antagonists of the CB1 receptor and most recently, the first CB1 beta-arrestin biased ligand.
Session Three: Formulating the Future of Cannabis Products with Linda Klumpers
- After an M.Sc. in Neuroscience and a Clinical Pharmacology degree, Linda Klumpers earned a Ph.D. in Clinical Pharmacology of Cannabinoids. Klumpers has been studying cannabinoids in humans since 2006 and (co-)authored various peer-reviewed cannabinoid publications. As of 2018, Dr. Michael Tagen and Klumpers have joined their advisory experiences as partners with Verdient Science.
Session Four: Cannabis Cultivation, Extraction, and Processing: Optimization and Innovation with Eric Kawka
- Eric Kawka is the founder of Cattis Scientific, a Cannabis startup in Vermont. He focuses his work on developing and implementing Cannabis extraction standards and processes for the quickly growing bio-botanical space. He’s particularly interested in establishing scalable extraction methods for a new class of medical cannabis-derived products that meet pharmaceutical standards. Eric holds a M.A. in organic chemistry and has significant experience in extraction systems development, start-up ventures, and business development.
Session Five: Current State of Cannabis Testing: Lessons Learned and Future Opportunities with Anthony Smith
- Anthony Smith received his Ph.D. from Oregon State University’s Linus Pauling Institute in Molecular & Cellular Biology with an emphasis on biochemistry, metabolism, and nutrition. He brings 20 years of natural product research, quality assurance, product development, GMP manufacturing, FDA and regulatory experience and analytical expertise to EVIO Labs. He is the Chief Science Officer for EVIO Labs, an evolving network of independent Cannabis testing laboratories throughout North America.
“Science provides the foundation for a successful industry,” said Emerald Scientific CEO, Ken Snoke. “Patient safety, consumer confidence, dependable manufacturing, novel finished products, clean cultivation and predictable financial models all have, at their core, sound scientific practice. The Emerald Conference is where it happens. The relationships and collaborations that will define the industry for the next year start at this event.”
While all of the speaking opportunities at Emerald Conference have been filled, there is still an opportunity for researchers to present posters at the conference. The conference will have a dedicated Poster Session on Thursday, February 28th from 5:30–7:00 p.m. This time is an opportunity for presenters to stand with their poster to explain their conclusive research and answer any questions. The submission deadline is February 8th, and winners will be announced on February 15th. To learn more and apply, click here.
The Title Level Sponsor of Emerald Conference is Confident Cannabis, a company that developed the only LIMS (laboratory information management system) software designed specifically for cannabis laboratories, providing the platform free to labs in all medical and adult-use markets across the United States. At the Platinum Level, sponsors include PerkinElmer, Agilent, Shimadzu, SCIEX, SPEX Companies, PathogenDx, Medicinal Genomics and ANAB.
ABOUT EMERALD CONFERENCE
Emerald Conference is the longest running, most technical scientific conference in the cannabis industry. Considered by many cannabis science leaders to be the premier conference for connection, collaboration, and education.
Public Relations Contact:
Cassandra Dowell, 858-264-6600