At Voya, we have made doing the right thing a cornerstone of our culture. - Chairman & CEO, Voya Financial
New York, NY (PRWEB) February 18, 2015
The Ethisphere Institute, the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, confirmed today that Voya Financial, Inc. Chairman and CEO Rodney O. Martin, Jr. will speak at the upcoming Global Ethics Summit taking place in New York City on March 10-11, 2015.
“While ‘Tone from the Top’ is a phrase that we hear often, research data – along with anecdotal commentary from across industries and around the globe – reflects the increasing importance of CEOs setting the example and direction for their organizations to model,” said the Ethisphere Institute's Chief Executive Officer, Timothy Erblich.
Mr. Martin will keynote “The CEO Conversation” alongside illycaffè Chairman and CEO Andrea Illy and Granite Construction CEO James Roberts. The session will address their views on ethics as a differentiator, the challenges of preserving integrity and reputation and leadership’s impact on corporate culture.
“Every day, we help thousands of people as they make important financial decisions that affect their retirement readiness – our business is built on trust and integrity,” said Mr. Martin. “At Voya, we have made doing the right thing a cornerstone of our culture.”
“We are fortunate to host three leading CEOs, in Mr. Martin, Mr. Illy and Mr. Roberts, whose organizations have embraced the understanding that executive leadership sets the tone for a company's culture of ethics and transparency – enabling every employee to steward and safeguard their organizational reputation and brand,” Erblich added.
Extending the dialogue on ethics and culture, Voya Financial Chief Communications Officer Paul Gennaro will also speak at the 7th Annual Summit, focusing on the effects of communication and social media on organizational culture. Mr. Gennaro will be joined by Prudential Financial’s Senior Vice President and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Lee Augsburger, and the conversation will be led by SAI Global’s Vice President, Learning Content Strategy, Kirsten Liston.
Key speakers confirmed for the 7th Annual Summit include:
- Brackett Denniston, Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel, General Electric Company
- Andy Hinton, Vice President, Global Ethics & Compliance, Google Inc.
- Andrea Illy, Chairman and CEO, illycaffè S.p.A.
- Dr. Jack London, Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, CACI
- Rodney O. Martin Jr., Chairman and CEO, Voya Financial, Inc.
- Cindy Moehring, Global Chief Ethics Officer, Walmart
- Korin Neff, Senior Vice President and Corporate Compliance Officer, Wyndham Worldwide
- James Roberts, CEO, Granite Construction
- Mark Roellig, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, MassMututal Financial Group
- Melvin Stith, Board Member, Aflac
- Tony West, Executive Vice President, Government Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, PepsiCo
- James M. Zappa, Vice President, Associate General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, 3M
The summit will take place at the Grand Hyatt New York and will offer participants the opportunity to:
- Hear from CEOs of leading multinational companies sharing insight on leadership and reputation
- Listen in as board members share their views on governance, ethics and leadership
- Network with executives and in-house counsel
- Understand the government’s view on the compliance and corruption landscape, and emerging approaches to enforcement
- Actively participate in roundtable discussions with company leaders
- Select from substantive breakouts offering best practice insights from compliance & ethics leadership
To see the full list of speakers and the agenda, visit: https://GlobalEthicsSummit2015.com.
To register for the summit, visit the event website at https://GlobalEthicsSummit2015.com. One day passes are now available.
About Voya Financial
Voya Financial, Inc., is composed of premier retirement, investment and insurance companies serving the financial needs of approximately 13 million individual and institutional customers in the United States. The company’s vision is to be America’s Retirement CompanyTM and its guiding principle is centered on solving the most daunting financial challenge facing Americans today — retirement readiness. Working directly with clients and through a broad group of financial intermediaries, independent producers, affiliated advisors and dedicated sales specialists, Voya provides a comprehensive portfolio of asset accumulation, asset protection and asset distribution products and services. With a dedicated workforce of approximately 7,000 employees, Voya is grounded in a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family, one institution at a time. For more information, visit voya.com or view our Voya Financial Interactive Company Profile. Follow Voya Financial on Facebook and Twitter @Voya.
The Ethisphere® Institute
The Ethisphere® Institute is the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices that fuel corporate character, marketplace trust and business success. Ethisphere has deep expertise in measuring and defining core ethics standards using data-driven insights that help companies enhance corporate character. Ethisphere honors superior achievement through its World’s Most Ethical Companies® recognition program, provides a community of industry experts with the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA) and showcases trends and best practices in ethics with the Ethisphere Magazine. Ethisphere is also the leading provider of independent verification of corporate ethics and compliance programs that include: Ethics Inside® Certification, Compliance Leader Verification™ and Anti-Corruption Program Verification™. More information about Ethisphere can be found at: http://ethisphere.com.
Ethisphere Media Contact:
tel 480 397 2658