The 10th annual Global Ethics Summit will build upon the insights of leading companies and multi-disciplinary practitioners to help companies embrace challenges, network with leading thinkers, and implement leading practices.
New York, NY (PRWEB) December 17, 2015
The Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, announced today key speakers and the Steering Committee for the 8th Annual Global Ethics Summit, taking place in New York on March 9-10, 2016.
“The thing that’s unique about the Global Ethics Summit is you get a mix of the nuts and bolts from the panels led by compliance officers and chief ethics officers but you also get the big picture from CEOs, private equity leaders and business leaders telling us what they need from our legal departments,” explained Liquidity Services VP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, James Williams. “I can take all of that, synthesize it and say, 'here’s the big picture and here is how it translates into what I need to do on a daily basis.’”
Key confirmed speakers include:
- Alex Dimitrief, General Counsel and Senior Vice President, General Electric
- Samuel A. Di Piazza, Jr., Board Member of Jones Lang LaSalle and AT&T; Retired Global CEO of PwC
- Nancy Dowling, Vice President and General Counsel, Danone – United States
- Andrea Illy, Chairman and CEO, illycaffè spa
- Brad Katsuyama, CEO and Co-Founder, IEX Group; Focus of Michael Lewis’ book “Flash Boys”
- Melissa Stapleton Barnes, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer and Sr. Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management, Eli Lilly and Company
- Bradley Stein, SVP, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and Chief Compliance Officer, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
“Each year, the conversation evolves with a great mix of practical advice from ethics, governance and compliance practitioners as well as high-level insights and perspectives from CEOs, executives and other leadership,” explained Ethisphere’s Chief Content Officer, Stefan Linssen.
To help guide the conversation, Ethisphere has enlisted the help of the Steering Committee, comprised of:
- Erica Salmon Byrne, Regular SCCE columnist and former EVP, NYSE Governance Services
- David Farrell, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Yahoo!
- Paul Gennaro, Senior Vice President, Chief Communications Officer, Voya Financial, Inc.
- Jerome Harper, Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility, Northern Trust
- Michael Hershman, President and CEO, The Fairfax Group
- David Howard, Corporate Vice President, Deputy General Counsel for Litigation, Microsoft Corporation
- Mark Ohringer, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Pamela Passman, President and CEO, Center for Responsible Enterprise and Trade (CREATe.org)
- Veta Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- Mark Roellig, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Al Rosa, Chief Compliance Director, Senior Executive Counsel, General Electric
- Matthew Swaya, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Richard A. Watts, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Compliance Officer, Granite Construction
“The data is clear – companies that create a culture of openness mitigate risk, attract and retain the best employees, and out-perform,” said Ethisphere's Chief Executive Officer, Timothy Erblich. "Boards, C-Suite leaders, institutional investors, supply chain partners and consumers increasingly recognize that integrity and transparency are vital in today’s world.”
He added, “The 10th annual Global Ethics Summit will build upon the insights of leading companies and multi-disciplinary practitioners to help companies embrace challenges, network with leading thinkers, and implement leading practices.”
In its eighth year, the summit is expected to bring together over 450 attendees from a diverse set of industries and company sizes and will offer participants the opportunity to:
- Hear from leading multinational companies sharing insight on leadership and reputation
- Listen in as senior executives share their views on governance, ethics and culture
- Get practical advice on structuring compliance departments and programs
- Network with leading practitioners
See the full agenda and get the latest updates on new speakers and sponsors by visiting: http://globalethicssummit2016.com.
Download the “Best Practices and Key Takeaways” report from the 2015 Global Ethics Summit here: http://globalethicssummit2016.com/download-the-ges-2015-best-practices-and-key-takeaways-report/.
Save $200 with early-bird registration before February 15, 2016. Register at http://globalethicssummit2016.com/frontpage/pricing-registration/.
The Ethisphere® Institute is the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices that fuel corporate character, marketplace trust and business success. Ethisphere has deep expertise in measuring and defining core ethics standards using data-driven insights that help companies enhance corporate character. Ethisphere honors superior achievement through its World’s Most Ethical Companies® recognition program, provides a community of industry experts with the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA) and showcases trends and best practices in ethics with the Ethisphere Magazine. Ethisphere is also the leading provider of independent verification of corporate ethics and compliance programs that include: Ethics Inside® Certification and Compliance Leader Verification™. More information about Ethisphere can be found at: http://ethisphere.com.
Ethisphere Media Contact: