For small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), .EU’s popularity has grown due to the fact that it promotes a pan-European online presence, particularly useful for SMEs with multiple branches located throughout the EU.
(PRWEB UK) 1 September 2017
According to EUrid's Q1 2017 report, ccTLD registrations reached 330.6 million with .EU registrations making up 3.7 million of that total. In its report, EURid shares that .EU has experienced:
- 185,964 new registrations, a net increase of 10,914 when compared to Q4 2016
- A massive 81% average renewal rate
- A grand total of 3,755,475 registered .EU domain names
For small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), .EU has become quite popular due to the fact that it promotes a pan-European online presence, particularly useful for SMEs with multiple branches located throughout the EU and/or those who aren’t necessarily targeting individuals physically located within the SME’s own country.
The European Association of Craft, Small and Medium-sized enterprises has called .EU, “a gateway to better visibility, ICT adoption, and increased competitiveness.”
.EU increases competitiveness for SMEs in that it:
- Improves branding potential, visibility, and reach not only within the country where the business is located but within the entire European Union
- Provides greater flexibility with the possibility to choose a domain name that contains characters from any official EU language script
- Increases consumer trust as .EU indicates you are a legal entity based in the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway and are, therefore, subject to EU laws and other relevant trading standards
- Provides better geo-targeting on search engines when compared to a .COM for instance
One Scandinavian SME, Foodtours.eu, dedicated to uncovering the local food scene in Copenhagen, Oslo, and Stockholm, says that the .EU domain name has helped them to show they are “part of a larger whole, a larger collaboration.”
Another SME, Bepark.EU, which aims to optimise parking solutions across Europe, says that .EU makes clear their mission to “accommodate all Europeans.”
.EU registrants come from all over Europe, with Germany the undisputed leader (over one million registrations), followed by Netherlands and France. And with a 17.5% increase in registrations over the previous quarter, Austria is the top .EU growth country (over one hundred thousand registrations), followed by Luxembourg and Croatia.
EuroDNS is proud to be an accredited registrar of the .EU domain extension and to help raise awareness of the numerous benefits .EU can deliver. And for a limited time, it is offering .EU at half the normal registration cost. From September 1st through the 17th, all .EU domain names registered with EuroDNS are just €9.00.
.EU domain name registration is open to all businesses, organisations, and individuals located within the European Union (as well those located in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
For more information about the .EU domain extension and how it can help your small business gain digital reach within the EU, visit EuroDNS.com. https://goo.gl/ccVdJp