High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (PRWEB UK) 27 April 2014
With more than 45 years’ experience of delivering conferences for top organisations worldwide, Lane End Conference Centre shares its guide to running the perfect event.
As a primary training venue in the UK, Lane End operate a year-round calendar of corporate meetings, residential conferences and experiential learning events for a wide range of national and international businesses.
In the last 12 months, Lane End has hosted key events for organisations including photographic retailer, Jessops, BFI Film Academy and the Royal Veterinary College.
Heni Fourie, Sales and Marketing Manager at the Buckinghamshire-based residential training centre, said: “As an independent meetings venue we are proud to have carved out a reputation for delivering a world-class conference experience.
“We achieve this through continuing to re-invest profits into expanding our facilities and paying careful attention to customer feedback.
“We understand that the build-up to running a business event, even on a small scale, can be stressful but with the right tools and planning you can ensure it’s a hit.”
To help make your event a success, Lane End offers the following advice:
1. Nail down your budget – once you receive the go-ahead for an event, the first priority is to establish the budget. This will determine your event’s location, style and duration.
To stay on top of spending and budget enquiries, maintain a spreadsheet listing everything you need, from the venue hire to catering requirements, together with the estimated and actual costs involved.
2. Set the agenda – research and book keynote speakers and facilitators so that you can finalise your agenda before you start looking at venues. This will save time and make the planning process much more efficient.
3. Vet your venue – when sourcing a UK conference venue as well as looking at location, room capacity and AV equipment, consider factors such as overnight accommodation, broadband access and how easy it will be for attendees to get there via local transport links.
Also research the venue’s reputation. Don’t only take into account testimonials on the website but check out customer reviews on TripAdvisor, Google and Twitter.
4. Pre-registration planning – pre-event registration can be complex and time–consuming, nevertheless it is crucial for maximising attendee numbers. It is also the ideal time to find out if attendees have any special dietary or access requirements.
There are a number of online event support tools to help. Try CVENT’s online registration Software.
5. Review and reassess – gathering post-event feedback is vital to evaluate the effectiveness of an event.
While it’s still fresh in everyone’s mind, send out feedback questionnaires to participants and speakers and arrange a debrief with the venue. This will help to assess the overall experience and pinpoint aspects you might wish to improve in the future.
Lane End Conference Centre is located in the Chiltern Hills, an AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) in Buckinghamshire just 30 miles from London’s financial district.
The dedicated conference centre is made up of five distinct conference venues, each designed to afford visitors maximum comfort and privacy during their stay.
The largest self-contained venue, The Pavilion, comfortably seats up to 150 delegates. The building also benefits from two break-out rooms, private lounge for lunch, tea and coffee and private outdoor terrace.
Free, ultrafast wi-fi (up to 100Mbps) for quick, reliable browsing and video conferencing is accessible across the site, including Lane End’s 100 en suite bedrooms.
For more information about booking Lane End for your next event, contact us online via our official website or call Heni Fourie today on +44 (0)845 521 3013.
Notes for Editors:
Image request: For a high-resolution image to accompany this press release or any other media enquiry please call 01494 417365 or contact us online.
About Lane End Conference Centre: Lane End Conference Centre offers state-of-the-art residential conference facilities, set in 26 acres of beautiful Chilterns countryside just 30 miles from London.
Delegates enjoy hi-tech conference facilities, ample free parking and free broadband access on-site – all within swift and easy reach of the capital.
Lane End Conference Centre has 104 bedrooms, 32 meeting rooms, four lounge and bar areas, dining rooms, a games room with a lounge and bar, plus plenty of fitness and leisure facilities.
Tel: +44 (0)845 521 3013
Church Road, Lane End, Buckinghamshire, HP14 3HH, United Kingdom