Chia sees are powerful because they provide maximum nutrition with very little calories. They live up to their name as a superfood.
Brooklyn, NY (PRWEB) October 11, 2013
EverydayVitamin.com is offering a sale on Nutiva’s Organic Chia seeds brand – buy one bag for $10.49, buy two for $8.99 each.
“Chia seeds are powerful because they provide maximum nutrition with very little calories,” said Wayne Xu, Vice President, Everyday Vitamin Nutrition LLC. “They live up to their name as a superfood.”
Chia seeds are edible seeds that come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, which are cultivated in tropical parts of the U.S., Mexico, and some areas of Argentina. Chia seeds were first used by the Mayan and Aztec cultures to boost energy because of their high concentration of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
Their high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, antioxidants and calcium makes chia seeds a great addition to a daily diet. In addition to providing necessary nutrition and minerals like phosphorus and calcium, chia seeds may help curb unhealthy appetite. Here are the reasons to start eating chia seeds:
- FIBER: Chia seeds contain 11 grams of fiber per ounce and provide 42% of your recommended daily value (20 to 35 grams of fiber per day according to the American Diabetic Association) of fiber in a single serving. Chia seeds also contain 5% soluble fiber and 36% insoluble fiber. Fiber is crucial for maintaining a healthy gut, and regulating normal bowel movements.
- OMEGA-3s: Chia seeds contain 30% to 35% of seed oil, of which approximately two-thirds is Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, chia seed oil contain about 64% of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is an essential omega-3 fatty acid, and the precursor to the longer-chain fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). It also contains 20% of omega-6 fatty acids. This amount is higher than ALA concentrations in flax seed (55%) and fruits such as kiwi, and black raspberries. Chia seeds also contain more omega-3s than fish oils in salmon, and tuna. Chia seeds are also a non-toxic, alternative to the unhealthy and toxic mercury found in wild fish. The omega-3s found in chia seeds can help high cholesterol, inflammation, and enhance cognitive performance.
- ANTIOXIDANTS: Chia seeds have a very high Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC), which measures total antioxidant capacity. Foods with ORAC levels are shown to protect the body against free radical damage, prevent memory loss, maintain healthy brain function, and keeping a youthful, vibrant appearance, among other benefits.
- CALCIUM: Chia seeds contain five times more calcium than milk. Chia seeds deliver 18% of your daily value per ounce. This can help stave off osteoporosis in women.
- PROTEIN: Chia seeds are a complete source of dietary protein as they contain all of the essential amino acids. Chia seeds contain more than 4 grams of protein per ounce.
- DIGESTIBLE: Chia seeds are easier to digest than flax seeds, which make them a perfect choice to eat as a raw food.
- SATIETY: Chia seeds are said to swell to 12 times its weight. When mixed with liquid and consumed, they form a gel in the stomach. In addition to that, their protein, fiber and carbohydrate content contribute to their appetite curbing effect.
As chia seeds have a mild, nutty flavor and are tiny in size, they can be a great addition to foods and beverages like cereal, sauces, salads, rice and vegetable dishes, smoothie drinks, baked goods, or sprinkled on any desserts, without adding a noticeable change in flavor.
Nutiva’s Organic Chia Seeds pack five grams of fiber, three grams of protein, and two and a half grams of Omega-3 per serving. Because of its high content of calcium and protein, chia seeds are a great alternative for individuals on a vegan diet. A bag of Nutiva’s Organic Chia seeds contain 12 ounces of seeds, and one tablespoon is equivalent to one serving.
Nutiva is a manufacturer of nutritious organic foods such as organic coconut oil, organic coconut manna, organic hemp oil, dry coconut products, organic hempseed, organic hemp protein, organic red palm oil, and organic chia seed.
Nutiva’s Organic Chia Seeds can be purchased online, or by phone at 1-800-709-6280.
Everyday Vitamin also carries these brands and versions of Chia Seeds:
- Nutiva Organic White Chia Seed
- Source Naturals, OmegaChia Oil
- Natural Factors, Chia Factors, Whole Food Nutrition
- Barlean's, Organic, Chia Seed Supplement
- Now Foods, White Chia Seed
About Everyday Vitamin:
Everyday Vitamin is a natural health company, retail store based in Brooklyn, NY and online retailer that aims to promote nutrition and health through the sale of vitamins and supplement products, herbs and homeopathic remedies. These products include vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements, diet and weight loss teas, and others that provide numerous health benefits that assist in weight loss management, exercise nutrition, and improving overall health and wellness.
Everyday Vitamin carries thousands of well-known, trusted brands which have been proven safe and effective by solid scientific research.