“The XCR 300 is designed for every body, whether you’re able-bodied, or physically challenged, a skilled athlete, or someone who just wants a better upper body workout,” says Excy co-founder and CEO Michele Mehl.
SEATTLE (PRWEB) June 26, 2019
Excy (http://www.excy.com), the leader in quality portable full-body cycling equipment, today announced an upgraded version of its free Mobile Coach platform for the patented XCR 300 portable upper body ergometer. The new Excy Mobile Coach now provides on-demand physical therapy video tutorials and training illustrations for the XCR 300; the word’s first upper body ergometer (UBE) for power weight racks. New on-demand training for the XCR 300 builds on existing training content for the Excy XCS 200 portable exercise bike series. For both devices, users can select from live and guided workouts, watch physical therapy videos, as well as keep track of results over time within the Excy Mobile Coach for iOS and Android.
“The XCR 300 is designed for every body, whether you’re able-bodied, or physically challenged, a skilled athlete, or someone who just wants a better upper body workout,” says Excy co-founder and CEO Michele Mehl. “By incorporating XCR 300 digital training from physical therapists in our Mobile Coach, we can help anyone create effective upper body exercise programs that target strength, endurance, intensity, agility, stability, range of motion, and balance.”
TIME FOR UPPER BODY ERGOMETERS TO GO MAINSTREAM
Upper body ergometers, also known as an arm bike or hand cycle, are frequently used by physical therapists to assist people who are injured, paralyzed, battling disease, lacking strength or stamina, or having limited range of motion. Although mostly only found in rehab centers, UBEs are showing up more regularly in standard fitness centers because they are a solid cross-training alternative for burning calories and boosting your heart rate. However, UBEs are typically tucked away in a gym, which can be socially isolating. Also, there’s typically only one UBE, which limits group upper body fitness opportunities. In addition, traditional UBEs in gyms frequently do not have easy access for wheelchairs or offer multiple heights that adjust to the unique needs of the individual. With research showing that upper limb exercise can lead to higher heart rates than lower limb exercise, the XCR 300 makes upper body cycling more readily available to all who wish to strengthen and improve upper body conditioning. For example, the XCR 300 can be easily used by those in wheelchairs and integrate into adaptive athlete cross training programs.
ANYWHERE, ANYTIME ON-DEMAND UPPER BODY ERGOMETER TRAINING
The XCR 300 upper body ergometer is suitable for all ages at any performance levels and empowering individuals, rehab professionals, and personal trainers to better manage upper body fitness and physical therapy goals. It works with any squat rack to help gyms, hotels, and physical therapy clinics offer better upper extremity fitness solutions, especially for those with limited mobility and rehab needs.
While the XCR 300 is consistent with other upper body ergometers in its heavy-duty metal construction and diverse physical therapy and upper body sports training applications, it is unique in a number of ways:
- A small footprint: Takes up no floor space and weighs only 12 pounds. Size while being used: 28L” x 20W” x 7H” with a travel footprint of 28L” x 7W” x 7H”. Because it uses what most gyms already have, a squat rack, a gym can easily use the XCR 300 to build a truly welcoming and inclusive environment, including providing group upper body ergometer cross training classes or incorporate into circuits.
- Versatility: The world’s only upper body ergometer that offers full-body aerobic and anaerobic cross training available from standing, seated, squat and lying down positions. Stable and sturdy wheelchair access is easy and requires no additional accessories or adjustments. Foot pedals can be added for recumbent and floor cycling positions while lying down.
- Active bi-directional resistance for constant workloads: 2 to 70 pounds of resistance easily adjusts on the fly and engages muscles throughout all movements. It’s easy to dynamically change between pedaling forwards and backwards.
- The widest range of height adjustability: The XCR 300 slides up and down the rack with ease, allowing upper body exercises to be done above the shoulders, below the waist and everywhere in between.
- Affordability - The XCR retails at $999. Comparative in quality devices are more than twice the cost or more.
IDEA WORLD 2019
Excy will demonstrate the XCR 300 and new Mobile Coach capabilities at the IDEA World in Anaheim, CA in booth 1536. Excy will also demonstrate its popular XCS 200 portable exercise bikes during the IDEA World 2019 event, which are used by individuals, hospitals, and physical therapists worldwide and are also supported by the Excy Mobile coach. The XCS 200 series turns any chair into a quality recumbent exercise bike, tones and sculpt arms with versatile upper body ergometer positions, and strengthens legs with floor, desk, bed, and step cycling.
As a leader in inclusive anywhere fitness, Excy makes high quality full-body exercise cycling available to all with our rugged portable resistance cycling trainers and mobile coaching platform. Our patented approach offers people battling injury, disability, or disease more time, places, and flexibility to enjoy the benefits of upper and lower body cycling without the barriers of big, expensive, and socially isolating exercise equipment. Customers range from people with arthritis, COPD, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, POTS, spinal cord injuries, diabetes, neuropathy, and obesity, as well as people going through stroke recovery, or post-surgery rehabilitation, amputees and more. We do all this in a lightweight system for easy storage and transport, yet simulate the same cardio and strength-training resistance exercise movements frequently used by rehabilitation centers that require large equipment. For more information visit http://www.excy.com.