This is a lighter, shorter tour than our annual Modern Home Tour, but the principle is the same: come see these amazing spaces. Meet the designers and builders that created them. Get ideas and find inspiration for your own outdoor living space.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) June 09, 2020
While Austin lends itself to residents enjoying time outdoors all year around, it’s the spring and early summer months that make outdoor living in central Texas the reason so many live here.
The Austin Outdoor Living Tour is returning for a second year to celebrate the outdoor spaces Austin residents enjoy year-round – right in their own backyards. Organized and hosted by the Modern Architecture + Design Society (the group behind the annual Austin Modern Home Tour), this summer tour gives landscape architects and designers the unique opportunity to showcase their skill and talent to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community a rare chance to explore some amazing outdoor spaces in their area, while asking questions and engaging the minds behind the design.
“This is a lighter, shorter tour than our annual Modern Home Tour,” says James Leasure, founder of the Modern Architecture + Design Society. “But the principle is the same: come see these amazing spaces. Meet the designers and builders that created them. Get ideas and find inspiration for your own outdoor living space.”
Participants and neighborhoods featured on the 2020 Austin Outdoor Living Tour include:
- A brand-new outdoor space by Shelter Home Building in the Zilker neighborhood that features an infinity edge pool, spa, cold tub, and incredible yard space.
- A shared outdoor space with a Mediterranean feel for a four-unit “compound” in Barton Springs, designed by Native Edge Landscape, that features xeric plantings, an outdoor kitchen with storage, and a custom entry Koi Pond.
- An outdoor space designed by Austin Outdoor Design in the Northwest Hills that gets inspiration from Mexican architect Luis Barragan (and the bright personality of the owners) to create an Austin-inspired take on modern Mexican Architecture and outdoor living.
- A front outdoor space in Central East Austin, designed by Open Envelope Studio, that reconciles that dual existence of the yard to function as both entry way and living space, while retaining privacy for the owners.
- A second Austin Outdoor Design project, located in St. Edwards, boasting all the best features for year-round outdoor living, like a custom pool, stone patio framed in steel, a 32” grill built into a limestone countertop, benches with custom cushions, and a fireplace.
NEW SAFETY RULES IN PLACE: In response to COVID-19, the Austin Outdoor Living Tour will have several new rules and policies in place. Tickets will be limited for this event. Entries at each home will be controlled to allow for social distancing in the outdoor spaces. Face coverings are a requirement for all visitors; no one will be allowed entry without a mask covering the nose and mouth. No children under age 12 will be allowed to enter. This year’s tour will be zero contact, including interactions with front door staff and throughout the yards.
Participants on the 2020 Austin Outdoor Living Tour will open their spaces for viewing from 9AM – 1PM on Saturday, June 20, 2020. Tickets to this year’s event are LIMITED. Details on pricing and ticket availability, as well as all rules and regulations for the 2020 Austin Outdoor Living Tour can be found at http://mads.media/atxoutdoor2020/.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!