DURHAM, N.C. (PRWEB) April 15, 2019
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin invites American Tobacco Campus tenants and downtown Durham businesses and individuals to celebrate Earth Day on the lawn under the historic Lucky Strike Water Tower, Monday, April 22nd from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
With more than 200 attending this event last year, the firm hopes to continue the meaningful dialogue with regard to how businesses and individuals can make conscientious decisions to make the world a better, cleaner place.
James Scott Farrin Earth Day 2019 Highlights
Again this year, the American Tobacco Campus has agreed to hold the event on the ATC lawn under the water tower. The event will feature food trucks, lawn games, and giveaways.
Piedmont Wildlife will bring wildlife for viewing. Wool E. Bull will again make an appearance along with a surprise food truck and Pie Pops from Confections by Rachael (while supplies last). What else is in store?
- Free cake pops
- Food available for purchase
- Information tables from local non-profits
- A large message board for sharing “green” ideas
- A live demonstration showing how to make mats from plastic grocery bags for the homeless
Participating vendors include the Durham Bulls, Durham City Dept. of Water, East Coast Greenway Alliance, Durham Transportation Department, Green ToGo, Keep Durham Beautiful, Piedmont Wildlife Center, Triangle Land Conservancy, Ungraded Produce, Master Gardeners of Durham, Arrichion Hot Yoga + Circuit Training, YMCA of Durham, and Confections by Rachael.
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has made great strides to minimize their environmental footprint. The firm stopped using Styrofoam cups in all offices in 2015, and by its estimates saved the planet from 27,000 Styrofoam cups within two years. They also try to be aware of paper usage, which can be difficult for a law firm. Yet the firm still set a goal to become paperless in some areas of the firm by 2020.
Other eco-friendly efforts the firm said they have made include:
- Planting 20 trees in downtown Durham in honor of the law firm’s 20th anniversary
- Adopting an easier, more efficient, and user-friendly recycling initiative
- Replacing K cups with coffee that uses biodegradable cups
- Tracking the amount of paper printed and ongoing efforts to decrease paper usage
- Adopting a one-mile stretch of Walnut Creek Trail for quarterly clean up
- Promoting environmental clean-up outings for employees and their families
- Promoting alternative transportation among employees
- Using a car fleet with an EcoBoost option
- Shredding documents through a service that recycles
The firm is looking forward to another successful event and it is open to anyone who would like to attend. RSVP is encouraged, but not required. For event and weather updates, visit the event page on James Scott Farrin Facebook. Or email email@example.com. #EarthDayatATC #ATCDurham
ABOUT THE LAW OFFICES OF JAMES SCOTT FARRIN
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is headquartered in Durham’s Historic District, with thirteen additional offices: Charlotte, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Greenville, Goldsboro, Henderson, New Bern, Raleigh, Roanoke Rapids, Rocky Mount, Sanford, Wilson, and Winston-Salem. Their nearly 50 attorneys handle: Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability, Eminent Domain, Whistleblower, Civil Rights, Mass Torts, Class Actions, and Products Liability. Nine attorneys are NC Board Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law and one is an NC Board Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is involved in the community, including sponsorship of local philanthropic organizations.
280 S. Mangum Street, Suite 400
Durham, NC 27701