We have been anxious to announce our curated picks, and officially initiate a program intended to help fashion brands gain increased and deserved exposure, as they climb up this industry’s eventful ladder.
Past News ReleasesRSS
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
Fashion Trends Show (FTS), a fashion podcast available on iTunes, announced the release of a list of ten brands to watch from Coterie, New York. While some of the listed labels are only now emerging and their collections are yet to make the list of most acquired items in the industry, the selected brands are gaining notoriety for their style, construction, philosophy or niche. The list is part an initiative by FTS, which intends to promote the talent and potential of new designs.
Well accomplished and equipped to show their precious goods at one of the most prestigious International fashion exhibitions in the world, the following names are the ones divulged by FTS as ‘Brands to Watch from Coterie New York’:
1. Aum-Couture by Marina Kievsky – a luxury lifestyle brand for the modern woman who appreciates effortless glamour and unique design.
2. CCH Collections by sisters Carter Johnston and Alston Armfield - focused on fashion that is sophisticated and stylish, yet wearable. All designs are proudly produced in New York City.
3. Designer Gelareh Mizrahi – with a signature line of python handbags and python skateboards, in wildly vibrant colors and luxurious exotic skins.
4. Vallarino Saltonstall by Vanessa & Hattie – created to design extraordinary and sophisticated apparel, unique hand-painted fabrics, and unconventional silhouettes.
5. Ecru, a Design Factory NYC brand – universally hailed as makers of the world's best fitting pants, now a full line for women who place a premium on fabric, quality, fit and original styling.
6. Designer Amanda Uprichard – known for designing items that are comfortable and luxurious with a splash of sexiness. Her signature is sculpted garments that become easy-to-wear, pull-it-on pieces.
7. Designer Mary Meyer - notorious for casual and sexy designs, inspired by African textiles, Japanese dye techniques, quilts, pop art, the beach, wheat pasted punk flyers, 90s goth culture, and 80s graphic tees.
8. Skingraft by Jonny Cota – a celebrity acclaimed collection of edgy garments with a sporty twist, which highlights motorcycle/motocross leather items.
9. Thursday Friday by Olena Sholomytska - a fashion and accessories brand specialized in creating reasonably priced canvas tote bags that pay tribute to popular luxury designs.
10. Annabel Ingall – a collection of upscale handbags and hats, native from Australia, and bursting color and sophistication across the globe.
Coterie features handpicked designers comprised of both established names and the young ‘avant garde’ of fashion, and takes place twice a year in NYC, concurrent with Sole Commerce and TMRW. The shows attract hundreds of thousands of attendees each year - from exhibitors to retail buyers, to fashion experts, as well as numerous members of the press.
“Having established ourselves as a virtual outlet where fashion has a voice, we [FTS] found we needed to expose our own view of the amazing display of talent that exhibitions like Coterie always help surface,” said Natalia Pinheiro, host of the Fashion Trends Show. “We have been anxious to announce our curated picks, and officially initiate a program intended to help fashion brands gain increased and deserved exposure, as they climb up this industry’s eventful ladder.”
The labels included in the Fashion Trends Show ‘Brands to Watch from Coterie New York’ list are also being invited to appear on the Show, interviewed by Natalia Pinheiro. Further details regarding those episodes will be announced.
More information regarding the Fashion Trends Show can be found at http://www.FashionTrendsShow.com, where listeners/viewers are also able to subscribe to the Show. Subscription is available through iTunes, as well.
About Fashion Trends Show
The Fashion Trends Show podcast is a virtual lounge where emerging and established fashion designers, professionals and fashionistas gather to chat about the “f word” - fashion! Host Natalia Pinheiro, a ‘hopeless fashionista’, created the Show as a way to share her own perspective of current trends, and receive insight from others heavily involved in (or in love with) the industry.