Beloit, WI (PRWEB) December 20, 2013
FatWallet.com offers consumers a smart, fast resource to compare thousands of after Christmas clearance sales and deals. “December 26 signals the year’s biggest clearance event where the majority of major retailers drastically reduce the price of seasonal inventory to make room for winter shopping trends,” said Brent Shelton, FatWallet Spokesperson. “Many of these price-reduced products can sell out fast, but the longer shoppers wait, the lower prices may fall, so timing is essential.”
Five tips to help shoppers find the biggest savings on holiday clearance and New Year’s Deals:
1. Seasonal and holiday themed items will be at premium bargains and online shoppers can scan them quickly in Today’s Best Deals. Gift wrap, bags, bows, decorations, party supplies (if you're planning a super bowl or NYE party, take note), candy, food and household items that were packaged in with holiday branding can be bought for 50-75% off. Start early as these items move quickly.
2. Take advantage of added savings when comparing all the clearance sales with coupon codes, store-wide discounts and free shipping offers. Find these at FatWallet and double up savings utilizing increased rewards during their annual Holiday Cash Back Sale which runs through to the end of December.
3. It's worth a first look the day after Christmas to see if the items you "know you'll use" are marked down significantly and best to buy now as they will most likely sell out fast. The clearance sales are happening from December 26 through New Years sales in January, so there's ample time to cash in on inventory liquidation as prices reduce even more come January 1st.
4. Avoid electronics clearance (HDTVs, cameras, home theatre items and accessories, computers, laptop, tablets, and smartphones) as these products will have better sales after the early January tech shows, especially TV deals which will be a “best buy” as consumers prepare for Super Bowl parties in late January.
5. Make a list for deals you hope to find, as some of the clearance sales can create impulse buys for items you may not use. You can get notified on the best clearance deals instantly via FatWallet’s Hot Deals forum, home to thousands of the savviest deal hunters online who share tech tips to help you find the smarter values available.
About FatWallet: As the preferred online coupons and cash back shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,500+ retailers like Kohl’s, Newegg, Walmart and Amazon to publish special offers, discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards for its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet is owned by Performance Marketing Brands (PMB) who owns and operates the world's most rewarding shopping programs. Through its family of distinct websites and reward programs, PMB users can get a great deal and earn money back every time they shop. PMB shoppers are expected to spend over $2 billion through PMB's websites and shopping programs in 2013.