“Whether by hopping on a bike or sampling the incredible food and wine, we invite everyone to join us for this distinctly Napa Valley day of giving back," said ZD Wines President, Brett deLeuze
NAPA, Calif. (PRWEB) August 13, 2019
Crush Challenge announced today the lineup and partners for their fifth annual fundraising event to be held on Saturday, October 12. Hosted by ZD Wines, Crush Challenge is the ultimate food, wine, and cycling event benefiting selected nonprofits. The community is welcome to participate in each of the distinctive experiences, pedaling out on the 27-, 38- or 50-mile bike ride, exploring the extensive culinary and wine pairings at the Food & Wine Marketplace, enjoying the private barrel tasting while others are cycling, or celebrating at the lavish chef-driven wine dinner.
“Crush Challenge is personal for all of us at ZD Wines. Having lost my father and ZD’s founder to cancer, we are proud to continue the efforts he began to find a non-toxic cure for lymphoma. We also want to support those living with Parkinson’s and help the next generation to succeed by providing funds for the Teen Center at Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley – causes we’re passionate about championing,” said ZD Wines President, Brett deLeuze. “Whether by hopping on a bike or sampling the incredible food and wine, we invite everyone to join us for this distinctly Napa Valley day of giving back.”
Hosted at a new location this year, the Food & Wine Marketplace will be held from 12 - 3 p.m. in the beautiful North Yountville Community Park, conveniently situated between Lincoln Avenue and Washington Street. Sample bites from renowned area restaurants and discover new favorite wines in vintner-hosted tastings. Culinary partners include Angèle, Bouchon Bistro, Celadon, Heritage Eats, Il Posto Trattoria, Market St. Helena, NapaSport, and Sam’s Social Club. Featured wineries include Baldacci Family Vineyards, Clos Du Val, Monticello Vineyards, Hudson Ranch, Pride Mountain Vineyards, Silver Oak & Twomey, St. Supéry, Truchard and ZD Wines.
One hundred percent of the net profits from Crush Challenge will go directly to funding programs for UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson’s, and Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley.
ZD Wines Crush Challenge offers a full roster of experiences, including:
- The Ride // 9AM-12PM - Explore the beauty of Napa Valley via world-class cycling routes. Three different course lengths – 27 miles, 38 miles or a new 50-mile route – offer something for riders of all levels. Pass through vineyard-lined avenues, sharing the road with cycling pros and friends during this fully supported ride. Ride as an individual or create a team of peers. Cost: $125, with a fundraising option starting at $25. Price includes access to Food & Wine Marketplace. http://www.bikereg.com/crush2019.
- Private Barrel Tasting // 10AM-12PM – ZD Wines’ barrel tasting is hosted by ZD Senior Winemaker, Chris Pisani, and Chef Matt Gennuso of Chez Pascal in Providence, Rhode Island, at the newly renovated ZD Wines Rutherford Estate. A wide selection of ZD’s award-winning wines will be available to taste, including library and large format bottles, along with artisanal cheese, charcuterie, and light food pairings. The barrel tasting also includes access to the Food & Wine Marketplace. Transportation is provided between ZD Wines and North Yountville Community Park. Cost: $195 per person.
- Food & Wine Marketplace // 12PM-3PM - Vintners and chefs join together in an unrivaled, all-inclusive tasting experience at the North Yountville Community Park. Sample local wines and dishes from favorite area restaurants while enjoying live music, as well as a silent auction and raffle. Cost: $95 per person for Marketplace access only.
- Exclusive Wine Dinner // 6PM-10PM – Hosted at the luxurious Las Alcobas, and featuring a star-studded lineup of chefs, including Celebrity Chef Chris Cosentino of Acacia House, Top Chef alum Casey Thompson, Rogelio Garcia of Spruce, and Chris Kollar of Kollar Chocolates, this celebratory dinner recognizes the achievements and impact of the cyclists, the community, and the three beneficiary agencies. Limited to only 60 guests. Cost: $295 per person; limited tickets remain.
- The Auction - The silent and live auction includes rare wines, private dinners, VIP getaways and more. Bidders can register at https://events.handbid.com/auctions/crush-challenge-2019.
Key partners for the event include, Bob McClenahan, Bright Event Rentals, Breakthru Beverage of Arizona, Brotemarkle, Davis & Co. LLP, Chatham Inn, the Clarke Family, CMS Wine Marketing, DeFeet, Demptos Cooperage, Heritage Wine Cellars LTD., Hincapie Sportswear, Las Alcobas Napa Valley, Mechanics Bank, Medalist Sports, Monterey Bay Wine Company, MS Walker, Napa River Velo, National Distributing Company, Inc., The Pink Ribbon Golf Classic, Porsche Walnut Creek, Pure Luxury Transportation, RCI Builders, Reich & Walner, Seattle Genetics, Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits, Sport Beans, SRAM, T Edward Wines, UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center, ZD Wines, Zipp.
About Crush Challenge
This year marks the fifth annual Crush Challenge food, wine and cycling experience. Hosted by ZD Wines with the goal of bringing awareness and funding to a select group of worthy charity efforts, the event is open to anyone 21 years and older. Cyclists can learn more at crushchallenge.net. Tickets are available for purchase online here. The Crush Challenge is also looking for enthusiastic and giving people to volunteer at the event. Anyone interested in volunteering can sign up here. Those not able to attend the event but who would like to donate can learn more about the charities involved by visiting crushchallenge.net/the-cause.
About UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute-designated center serving the Central Valley and inland Northern California, a region of more than 6 million people. Its specialists provide compassionate, comprehensive care for more than 10,000 adults and children every year, and access to more than 150 clinical trials at any given time. Its innovative research program engages more than 280 scientists at UC Davis, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Jackson Laboratory (JAX West), whose scientific partnerships advance discovery of new tools to diagnose and treat cancer. Through the Cancer Care Network, UC Davis collaborates with a number of hospitals and clinical centers throughout the Central Valley and Northern California regions to offer the latest cancer care. Its community-based outreach and education programs address disparities in cancer outcomes across diverse populations. For more information, visit https://health.ucdavis.edu/cancer/
About the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson’s
The Davis Phinney Foundation was created in 2004 by Olympic medalist and retired professional cyclist, Davis Phinney, to help people with Parkinson’s live well today. The organization’s singular focus is to provide programs and resources that offer inspiration, information and tools that enable people living with Parkinson’s to take action that can immediately improve their quality of life. Through The Victory Summit® event series, Every Victory Counts® manual, Ambassador program, Sidekicks™ intergenerational program, extensive online content and the funding of quality of life research, the organization impacts hundreds of thousands of individuals each year.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Our Clubs serve 1,330 Napa and American Canyon youth every day after school at our Napa Clubhouse, American Canyon Clubhouse, Club 1515 Teen Center, and 8 additional school-based locations. We provide youth ages 6-18 with a safe, positive place after school, during most holiday breaks, and throughout summer. Key programs emphasize academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. Boys & Girls Club of Napa Valley can be found online at thepositiveplace.com.
About ZD Wines
ZD Wines is owned and operated by the deLeuze family, who is dedicated to producing world-class wines, farming organically and giving back to the community. Located in the Rutherford region of the Napa Valley, the winery and hospitality center offer sweeping valley views of premium Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards and the Mayacamas mountain range to the west. The deLeuze family produces wines from their certified organic vineyards in the Rutherford and Carneros regions, as well as organic vineyards in Napa, Santa Barbara, Monterey and Sonoma. With innovative winemaking practices, they produce wines of quality, consistency, and style. ZD Wines is currently celebrating 50 years of winemaking and can be found online at ZDWines.com and @ZDWines on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.