Fort Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) August 01, 2013
Cornerstone Recovery Center is a premier drug and alcohol treatment center certified by the Florida Department of Children and Families.
For those addicted to drugs or alcohol, selecting the right treatment center for their alcoholism and drug abuse may be one of the most important decisions they will make in their lifetime.
In an ongoing effort to educate individuals suffering from drug addiction, along with family members and mental and behavioral health professionals, Cornerstone Recovery Center has published the essential criteria for selecting an effective drug recovery and rehabilitation facility.
Addiction is a medically recognized disease; those who suffer from this disease need treatment in the same way that any person suffering from a long-term physical illness would. This disease is an affliction of the mind and the body, and both need to be treated with equal care and effectiveness.
During the process of finding the right drug rehab, patients should choose a facility that has been credentialed and vetted. The staff should include medical doctors, nurses, therapists, and behavioral coaches who all work together to develop individualized recovery programs for those needing help for drug abuse.
When selecting a drug recovery center, addicts and their loved ones ought to always ask the following questions, among others:
- Does the facility have experience with and provide services for the drug(s) a person is addicted to?
- Does the recovery center provide continuum care including inpatient, outpatient, and ongoing relapse prevention?
- Is the facility in a location that offers opportunities to reflect, distance from negative influences, a break from destructive routines, and a fresh start?
- Is the facility accredited and licensed by the state?
- Is the staff made up of certified and experienced recovery specialists?
- Is there a medical doctor on staff?
- Does the facility provide a treatment plan customized to an individual’s particular needs/goals?
- Does the facility offer individual and group counseling and other behavioral therapy?
- What kinds of insurance does the center accept?
- What is the client-to-staff ratio?
- Are the facilities clean and well maintained?
The question of cost is often one of the first things that a patient and their family want to ask. In order to present a patient with the most effective care, the rates and the length of stay prescribed are best determined on a case-by-case basis and should be dependent on a complete assessment of a client’s needs.
Cornerstone Recovery Center is a drug and alcohol rehab facility in South Florida led by Dr. Aldo Morales, the Medical Director. They are a group of highly qualified and caring professionals with extensive experience in the recovery arena. They have a wide range of clients, particularly from Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and other parts of the Northeastern United States. Many clients from these areas find the Florida sunshine to be highly therapeutic.
Cornerstone accepts coverage from most major health insurance providers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, and others. Call Cornerstone at 954-271-2846 for a free confidential consultation or to schedule a tour of its facilities. Cornerstone representatives are ready to answer any questions about insurance, services, facilities, continuum care, and anything else. You can also contact Cornerstone Recovery Center online.