Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) March 14, 2014
fishbat, a leading online marketing company, outlines the top social networks for teens and why they are being used.
According to a March 9th article posted on Social Times titled “The Truth About Teens and 6 Social Media Platforms They Use,” social media has become a big part of teenage life. This generation of teenagers has grown up with social media, and now, most of them don’t know what life is without it. Each year, tech-savvy gurus in Silicon Valley develop new social networks. As they grow more popular, these networks create new trends and fads that affect the lives of teens around the world.
Justin Maas, vice president of client relations at fishbat, says that teens and social media are inseparable. “Throughout the years, more and more teens have been flocking to more visually stimulating forms social media,” he says. “In the past year, there’s actually been a large decrease of teens using Facebook. Instead, they are turning to other networks like Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr and Vine. We live in an age where people are increasingly more obsessed with documenting their lives. Images are the future of social media. Businesses looking to target teens should create campaigns around these five social networks.”
Maas discusses the top 5 of the most popular social networks amongst teens today:
1. Vine - “Vine is an app that allows users to post videos up to 6 seconds long,” he says. “The short time frame allows for enhanced creativity. Typically, Vine is used to many short funny videos, but, for businesses, it can be a great way to market products to a younger demographic.”
2. Snapchat - “On Snapchat, users can send pictures to anyone,” he says. “However, recipients can only view ‘snaps’ for up to 10 seconds before the image disappears. Most teens use Snapchat as a form of communication instead of texting or calling.”
3. WhatsApp - “Recently purchased by Facebook, WhatsApp allows teens to text message and call friends in other countries for free,” he says. “It enhances connections across continents and allows teens to talk to friends without paying fees.”
4. Instagram - “Teens use Instagram to share pictures and videos in real time,” Maas explains. “It essentially acts a photo diary for teens. Since being purchased by Facebook, this app has exploded. As Instagram ads become more of a reality, brands that want to market to teens should create an Instagram account and pay for ads.”
5. Ask.FM- “With Ask.fm, teens answer anonymous questions from other users,” he says. “People like to ask anonymous to hide their identities and remain mysterious. Teens like the site because they can say whatever they want without fear of consequences.”
fishbat is a full-service online marketing company and social media agency dedicated to connecting all types of businesses with their target audiences in the most effective and efficient way. Through innovative strategies in social media management, search engine optimization (SEO), branding, web design, reputation management and public relations, fishbat promotes a consistent and professional online voice for all of its clients.