Growing environmental concerns with regards to high emissions in coal-fired power plants is expected to drive demand for FGD systems quotable.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) August 13, 2014
The global market for flue gas desulfurization is expected to reach USD 23.69 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Flue gas desulfurization market demand is expected to increase owing to growth in demand for electricity. In addition, stringent government regulations regarding emissions of harmful gases in the environment are also expected to drive the FGD market over the forecast period.
New FGD systems were the largest application segment accounting for USD 8.14 billion of global market revenue in 2013. Increasing number of coal-fired power plants in emerging economies is expected to be a key reason for high demand of new FGD systems. Flue gas desulfurization is also used in reagent & replacement applications, which were valued at USD 7.65 billion in 2013.
The report “Flue Gas Desulfurization Market Analysis By Technology (Wet FGD Systems, Dry FGD Systems), By Application (New Systems, Reagents & Replacements) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flue-gas-desulfurization-market.
Request free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flue-gas-desulfurization-market/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Wet FGD systems dominated new FGD market and generated USD 6.86 billion in revenue in 2013 due to higher efficiency and low maintenance characteristics in comparison to other systems. Dry FGD systems are expected to witness the fastest growth, at an estimated CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Reagents & replacement is expected to be the fastest growing application, at an estimated CAGR of 6.9% from 2014 to 2020. Existing/old systems are expected to generate continuous demand for reagents and equipment replacement. This is expected to boost the equipment replacement systems market over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific was the largest flue gas desulfurization market; it was valued at USD 8.52 billion in 2013 and is expected to witness the fastest growth, at an estimated CAGR of 10.2% from 2014 to 2020. The primary reason for expected growth is the high demand for new FGD systems along with rise in equipment repairs for existing FGD systems in emerging and high-growth markets of China, India, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Key companies in the market include Alstom S.A., Babcock & Wilcox, Siemens Energy, Thermax, Ducon Technologies Inc., Hamon Research-Cottrell, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, and Marsulex Environmental Technologies.
Browse all reports of this category by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/power-generation-and-storage.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global flue gas desulfurization market on the basis of technology, application and region:
- Flue Gas Desulfurization Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Wet FGD Systems
• Dry FGD Systems
- Flue Gas Desulfurization Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• New FGD Systems
• Reagents & Replacements
- Flue Gas Desulfurization Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all ongoing reports from Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Latest Reports From Grand View Research
Solar PV Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/solar-pv-industry
The global installed capacity for solar PV is expected to reach 489.8 GW by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing push for sustainability has led to increased focus on renewable energy forms such as solar PV. In addition, favorable regulatory policies such as Feed in Tariff (FIT) is expected to further increase installed capacity, particularly along the Sunbelt countries.
Resource Circulation Equipment Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/resource-circulation-equipment-market
The global market for resource circulation equipment (RCE) is expected to reach USD 18.55 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing industrial & electronic waste coupled with stringent environmental regulations are expected to drive RCE demand over the next six years.