Global fuel cell shipments were 50,050 units in 2013 and are expected to reach 790,450 units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 49.1% from 2014 to 2020.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 21, 2014
Global fuel cell capacity is expected to reach 664.5 MW by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 22.6% from 2014 to 2020. Government support across various nations to develop hydrogen fuel station is expected to remain a major driving factor for the market over the next six years. In addition, favorable regulatory scenario owing to shift in focus towards developing renewable energy is also expected to boost the global fuel cell market over the forecast period. However, high switching cost and lack of infrastructure in developing countries are identified as major restraints to the market.
The report “Fuel Cell Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fuel-cell-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fuel-cell-market/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global fuel cell shipments were 50,050 units in 2013 and are expected to reach 790,450 units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 49.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- PEMFC emerged as the leading product segment in the overall market and accounted for 88.6% of total units shipped and 42.8% of total capacity in 2013. However, MCFC is expected to be the fastest growing product segment for fuel cell at an estimated CAGR of 56.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Portable applications dominated the global application market for fuel cells, accounting for 71.2% of total unit shipments in 2013. However, in terms of capacity, stationary applications emerged as the leading application market and accounted for 58.1% of total capacity installed in 2013.
- North America emerged as the leading consumer for fuel cell in terms of installed capacity and accounted for 42.5% of total capacity in 2013. In terms of total unit shipments, Asia Pacific emerged as the leading consumer and accounted for 36.9% of total market in 2013. However, North America is expected to surpass Asia Pacific to become the largest market for fuel cell both in terms of unit shipments and capacity by 2020.
- The global market is highly concentrated with top four participants catering to over 70% of global demand. The market is dominated by companies such as Fuel Cell Energy, Ballard, Clearedge and Toshiba. Some of other companies operating in the global market include, Panasonic, Plug Power Inc. and Hydrogenics Corporation.
Browse All Renewable Energy Market Reports @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/renewable-energy.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global fuel cell market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Fuel Cell Product Outlook (Unit Shipment; Revenue, USD Million; Capacity, MW; 2012-2020)
- Fuel Cell Application Outlook (Unit Shipment; Capacity, MW; 2012-2020)
Regional coverage of the database includes:
• North America
Browse All Upcoming Reports of Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
Latest Publication By Grand View Research:
Global PP (Polypropylene) Nonwoven Fabric Market By Product (Spunbonded, Staples, Meltblown, Composite) Expected to Reach USD 30.61 Billion by 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polypropylene-nonwoven-fabric-market)
The global PP (Polypropylene) nonwoven fabric market is expected to reach USD 30.61 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Growing demand for baby diapers, adult incontinence and feminine disposable products is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global market over the next six years. In addition, increasing market penetration of PP nonwoven fabric for durable applications, mainly in Asia Pacific and Middle East countries, is also expected to have a positive impact on demand over the forecast period.
Global The global market for insulin is expected to reach USD 47.54 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing global prevalence of type I and type II diabetes and the presence of high unmet needs in emerging markets such as India and China are expected to be two of the most significant growth drivers of this market. Moreover, increasing incidence rates of lifestyle induced diseases such as obesity and growing global geriatric population base are expected to serve the global insulin market as drivers. Market By Product (Fast Acting, Short Acting, Intermediate Acting, Pre-Mix and Long Acting), By Segments (Insulin Analogs And Human Recombinant Insulin), By Application (Type I and Type II Diabetes) to Reach USD 47.54 Billion by 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/insulin-market)
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519