This is a resilient market. The change between our 2010 and 2013 outlooks reflects continued transponder growth based on the ability of satellites to deliver communications services efficiently, ubiquitously, and reliably.
Bethesda, Maryland (PRWEB) September 12, 2013
The 2013 Futron Forecast of Global Satellite Services Demand shows an expected 6% annual growth before crossing the $20 billion threshold by the end of the decade. “This is a resilient market”, says Futron’s CEO Joseph Fuller. “The change between our 2010 and 2013 outlooks reflects continued transponder growth based on the ability of satellites to deliver communications services efficiently, ubiquitously, and reliably.” The forecast projects global demand for Fixed Satellite Services (FSS) in terms of 36-MHz transponder equivalents, Gbps, and revenue. Futron also forecasts demand growth to 13,000 36-MHz transponder equivalents (TPEs) in the same period.
Futron believes the industry stands ready to deliver technology innovation and customer service to support steady long-term growth. Evidence includes:
- Deployment of broader capacity in all frequency bands.
- Growth of consumer-oriented services, such as Direct-to-Home (DTH) video and mobility-based broadband technologies.
- Growth in global mobility applications, particularly maritime and aeronautical.
- Continued growth, albeit at a slower pace, of military demand for commercial satellite communications.
- Expansion of the service delivery model from (commoditized) wholesale transponder capacity to end-to-end solutions and managed services.
- Technology innovation, such as electronic propulsion and dynamic power allocation (and possibly lower cost launch).
- Creative partnerships are being established with satellite manufacturers, equipment providers, resellers, and customers – including everything from hosted payloads to hybrid network operations, to the repurposing of on-orbit assets for new services, new markets and new customers.
ABOUT THE REPORT
Futron’s 2013 demand forecast provides analysis and data by application, by region, and by frequency band (including C-, Ka-, Ku-, and X-band) measured in both transponders and throughput. Additional features include a five year transponder supply forecast, as well as commentary on technology developments, key market drivers and potential growth inhibitors, and pricing trends. Detailed data charts in the Appendix offer sufficient granularity to enable user-defined analysis. The Executive Summary is available for complimentary download. To learn more about the Futron Forecast, visit http://www.futron.com/2013_Futron_Forecast.xml.
Futron Corporation is a leading space industry consultancy. The company’s global client base includes the space industry’s most successful satellite operators, manufacturers, launch providers, and investors. Futron leverages its one-of-a kind database of satellite capability, launch, and regulatory activity to create customized solutions for government and commercial clients. Futron’s proprietary analytic models, methodologies, and data repositories transform information into intelligence. Founded in 1986, Futron has an expert staff including policy analysts, management leaders, economists, regulatory specialists, and engineers. Futron’s offices are located in Bethesda, Maryland, and Hampton Roads, Virginia. Explore what Futron can do for you at http://www.futron.com.