Here in this heartfelt tale, we learn that no matter what secular consumer messages we receive, the true meaning of Christmas is an all-embracing love for each other, as symbolized by the love we bestow upon each other. - 2013 Paris Book Festival
Warrenton, VA (PRWEB) September 30, 2013
Gift of a Servant, a new Christmas gift book by Christian author, Tamara Amos has been anticipating its October 1st release date by earning awards, honors, and positive reviews. Gift of a Servant untangles Santa Claus from materialism, presenting him as a symbol of the love and generosity that are at the heart of the Christmas message.
“People are upset that Christmas is becoming so commercialized and many are ready to get rid of Santa, who is becoming an icon of consumerism. But, Santa is part of our childhood, part of our culture, and tradition. In our hearts, we want to hold on to what he truly stands for without ‘throwing the baby out with the bath water.’ Gift of a Servant gives people a way to do this by explaining his mission of love.” Tamara Amos, author of Gift of a Servant.
Gift of a Servant earned the following awards and honors this year:
- International Book Awards: Christian Inspirational – Winner
- Mom’s Choice Awards: Children’s Religious Picture Book – Winner, Gold
- Beverly Hills Book Awards: Holiday – Winner
- Global Book Contest: Children’s Fiction – Winner
- Readers’ Favorite Readers’ Choice Awards: Inspirational Poetry – Winner, Silver
- Indie Excellence Awards: Gift book – Winner
- Indie Excellence Awards: Religious Children’s Book – Winner
- Indie Excellence Awards: Holiday – Finalist
- San Francisco Book Awards: Spiritual – Runner-Up
- Paris Book Festival: Spiritual – Honorable Mention
- Hollywood Book Festival: Spiritual – Honorable Mention
- New York Book Festival: Spiritual – Honorable Mention
- 5 Star Readers’ Favorite Rating
Gift of a Servant is the fictional tale of a father who blames Santa for the holiday hysteria that has taken over Christmas. He blames Santa and decides to wait up for him on Christmas Eve to demand his resignation. When Santa comes, however, he gives Dad an unexpected gift: a glimpse into the heart of his mission to bring “gifts of love from Heaven above” to God’s children, reminding them that Christmas is about sharing the love of Christ.
Written in prose by Tamara Amos and richly illustrated by David W. Luebbert, Gift of a Servant will be released by Mystical Rose Inspirations, October 1, 2013 in deluxe hardcover, kindle, and e-book editions for this Christmas season.
For more information, visit http://www.giftofaservant.com.