Growing construction activities are expected to favorably impact the market over the forecast period
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) September 09, 2014
The global flooring market is expected to reach USD 326.38 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. A growing focus on innovative flooring that is durable in nature is expected to drive market growth through the forecast period. Increased insulation demand is also expected to give impetus to the market over the next six years.
The market is characterized by changing customer preferences, with a considerable rise in home improvement and renovation projects. Development of hassle-free installation techniques and coupled with growing demand for environmentally sustainable products is also expected to contribute to industry growth. Environmental and health-related concerns regarding various flooring solutions may pose a challenge to industry participants.
The report “Flooring Market Analysis By Product (Soft Coverings, Resilient Flooring, Non-Resilient Flooring, Seamless Flooring), By Application (Residential, Commercial, Industrial) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flooring-market-analysis
Request Free Sample of This Report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flooring-market-analysis/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global flooring market demand was estimated at 161.19 billion square feet in 2013, and is expected to reach 240.10 billion square feet by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- Soft coverings dominated flooring demand and accounted for over 35% of the overall market volume in 2013. Resilient flooring market is expected to witness substantial growth over the next six years, since it offers benefits such as cost effectiveness, easy installation and low maintenance. Increased demand for antimicrobial and antibacterial flooring is expected to favorably impact resilient flooring demand.
- Residential segment was the largest application area in 2013 and accounted for over 50% of the market volume. Owing to growing demand across the construction industry and increased home improvement and renovation projects, the market for flooring products in residential applications is expected to witness growth over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific accounted for over 45% of the global demand in 2013, and is expected to continue dominating the market over the next six years. This can be attributed to increased demand for residential and non-residential building spaces due to population growth and urbanization.
- Key industry participants include Shaw Industries, Mohawk Industries, Interface, Inc., Mannington Mills, Armstrong, etc. Developing a vertically integrated infrastructure is expected to be a critical success factor for gaining market share. As a result, mergers and acquisitions, coupled with meeting consumer preferences through product differentiation have been among the key strategies adopted.
Browse All Reports of This Category by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/green-building-materials
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global flooring market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Flooring Product Outlook (Volume, Billion Square Feet & Revenue, USD Billion; 2012 – 2020)
• Soft Coverings
• Resilient Flooring
• Non-Resilient Flooring
• Seamless Flooring
- Flooring Application Outlook (Volume, Billion Square Feet & Revenue, USD Billion; 2012 – 2020)
- Flooring Regional Outlook (Volume, Billion Square Feet & Revenue, USD Billion; 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Ongoing Reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies, ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Related Reports by Grand View Research
Rare Earth Elements Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/rare-earth-elements-market
The global market for rare earth elements is expected to reach USD 10.96 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for metal catalysts such as Cerium and Lanthanum is expected to drive the market over the next six years.
Plano Sunglasses Market Analysis By Material And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/plano-sunglasses-industry
The global market for Plano sunglasses is expected to reach USD 19,944.3 million by 2020, according to a new research report by Grand View Research, Inc. High-end products which are sold at premium prices are expected to contribute to industry growth.