We’ve put everything we know into our new site to make it easy to get the right solution from the virtually endless options of satellite hardware, airtime and services.
Maryville, TN (PRWEB) June 11, 2015
Global Marine Networks (GMN), a leader in providing satellite voice and data products and services, today announced the launch of a completely new and expanded globalmarinenet.com for users of satellite phones and satellite broadband. With a focus on educational guides and articles to help people navigate the world of satellite communications, globalmarinenet.com makes it easy to learn, understand, and purchase satellite hardware, airtime and services.
“GMN has been serving satellite phone users online and over the phone for over 14 years,” said Dr. Luis Soltero, Founder and CTO of GMN. “We’ve put everything we know into our new site to make it easy to get the right solution from the virtually endless options of satellite hardware, airtime and services.”
The new globalmarinenet.com includes the following site features and enhancements:
- Completely reengineered site design for easy access to products, educational resources, recommendations, and downloads
- Downloadable guides to satellite communications, covering topics including “Affordable Satellite Broadband” and “Satellite BYOD – Bring Your Own Device” for smart phone and tablet users
- Complete selection of satellite phones, terminals, and airtime for use with the Iridium, Inmarsat, and Globalstar satellite networks
- Satellite data routers, firewalls, vessel trackers, VoIP Gateways and Wi-Fi hotspots from RedPort Global, the industry’s leading independent satellite VoIP and data services provider
- New commercial marine satellite services for ship operations and crew morale access
- Satellite value-added services including GMN XGate email, weather forecasts, web browsing acceleration, and social media updating
- Free GRIB weather forecast files
The addition of RedPort Global commercial marine products and services marks the first time that GMN has made available their extensive experience and product range in this area to the general public. The company has provided both ship operations and crew welfare services including email, Internet access, GPS tracking, credit card processing, and more to cruise ships, tankers, cargo ships and fishing vessels around the world. Previously, these were only accessible via membership organizations or on a wholesale basis.
Global Marine Networks is a powerhouse in retail satellite sales and its new site design positions it as a primary resource for mobile users and satellite phone shoppers of all stripes – from blue water cruisers, individual hikers, remote workers to large fishing vessels, commercial shipping fleets, and cruise ships.
About Global Marine Networks
Global Marine Networks (GMN), a leader in providing satellite voice and data products and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use email, web, and other hardware and software services to maritime, oil and gas, first responder and business continuity users. The company’s products include XGate high-speed satellite email, XWeb satellite web browsing, Optimizer Satellite WiFi Hotspot and Firewall, weather solutions like Weathernet and free GRIB files – a public service from GMN.