Enhanced performance characteristics of polyurea are expected to favorably impact the global market.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) August 11, 2014
The global polyurea market is expected to reach USD 1,399.9 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Superior performance as compared to alternatives such as polyurethanes and epoxy is expected to drive pure polyurea demand over the forecast period. Increasing demand from application industries is also expected to fuel market growth over the next six years.
One of the key areas of polyurea application is in steel and concrete bridges. Since polyurea has high tensile strength and elongation, it is well-suited for sealing cracks. The environmentally friendly nature of polyurea due to lack of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) is also expected to boost market growth. Lack of product differentiation has caused marketing of polyurea and hybrid systems as the same, giving rise to commoditization. This may pose a challenge to industry participants over the forecast period.
The report “Polyurea Market Analysis By Raw Material (Aromatic, Aliphatic), By Product (Coating, Lining, Sealants), By Application (Construction, Industrial, Transportation) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyurea-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyurea-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global polyurea demand was estimated at 164.1 kilo tons in 2013, and is expected to reach 226.2 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Aromatic polyurea accounted for over 75% of the market volume in 2013, and is further expected to continue dominating the market over the next six years. Aliphatic polyurea is expected to grow at a rate slower than the global average over the forecast period due to difficulty in processing coupled with higher prices.
- Polyurea coatings are expected to remain the key product segment; accounting for over 65% of the market in 2013. Polyurea can also be used as a multi-purpose caulking, joint fill, and sealant material. It provides a flexible, weather-tight and durable seal for all types of building joints including expansion joints and control joints in panels and doors, masonry floors, water reservoirs, etc.
- Construction applications accounted for over 40% of the overall market revenue in 2013, where it can be used to form a traffic-resistant and flexible seal for building joints in masonry floors, doors and panels. In terms of volume, the market for industrial applications is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- Companies operating in the market include Huntsman Corporation, BASF, Bayer MaterialScience, PPG Industries, Versaflex Inc., Specialty Products, Inc., etc. Preventing commoditization and ensuring provision of high-quality polyurea systems with the necessary tech support is expected to drive product differentiation.
Browse All Reports of This Category By Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global polyurea market on the basis of raw material, product, application and region:
- Polyurea Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
• Aromatic Polyurea
• Aliphatic Polyurea
- Polyurea Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
- Polyurea Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
- Polyurea Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Ongoing Reports by Grand Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adhesives-and-sealants-market
The global market for adhesives and sealants is expected to reach USD 43,195.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction, automotive and packaging industries, mainly in China, India and Brazil is expected to drive the demand for both adhesives and sealants over the forecast period. However, fluctuation in prices of key feedstocks is expected to remain a primary challenge for industry participants.
Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/styrene-butaidene-rubber-industry
The global market for SBR is expected to reach USD 23,144.3 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for SBR in tire manufacturing is expected to support the growth of this market over forecast period. The automobile industry has witnessed significant growth over the past couple of years, resulting in increased demand for tires which in turn has boosted the demand for synthetic rubbers such as SBR.