Growing geriatric population is expected to boost demand for glucosamine, particularly for the treatment of osteoarthritis which is a common form of arthritis in old age population.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) October 29, 2014
Global glucosamine market is expected to reach USD 1,246.4 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View research, Inc. Growing geriatric population is expected to boost demand for glucosamine, particularly for the treatment of osteoarthritis which is a common form of arthritis in old age population. Increasing vegan population and prevalence of shellfish allergies are expected to drive demand for internal substitutes such as vegetarian glucosamine.
View full report with TOC at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glucosamine-market
Nutritional supplement was the most dominant application of glucosamine with global demand exceeding 20,000 tons in 2013 owing to increasing health awareness among the working population. Dairy products were a niche application segment in 2013 but are expected to provide vast opportunity for glucosamine manufacturers over the next six years, particularly in Japan. Glucosamine consumption in dairy products was valued at USD 24.6 million in 2013 and is expected to reach USD 57.5 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 13.0% from 2014 to 2020.
Request a free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glucosamine-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global glucosamine demand was 25,582.5 tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 63,789.5 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2014 to 2020
- Food & beverage is expected to be the fastest growing application for glucosamine owing to popularity of fortified products in Europe and Asia Pacific. Global demand for glucosamine in food & beverage was 4,519.5 tons in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.6% from 2014 to 2020
- U.S. was the largest regional market for glucosamine accounting for more than 30% of global demand in 2013 owing to increased consumption of nutritional supplements. Nutritional supplements are popular in the U.S. owing to growing prevalence of lifestyle associated diseases such as arthritis in the country.
- Japan is expected to be fastest regional market growing at a CAGR of 16.1% from 2014 to 2020 owing to increasing application scope for glucosamine. The ingredient is being added to food & beverages and dairy products owing to consumer preference towards fortified foods in comparison to nutritional supplements.
- Key market participants include Alcan Chemical Division, Xiamen Blue Bay Science & Technology Co. Ltd., Alfa Chem, Triarco Industries Inc., Cargill Inc., Synasia Inc., Dalian Lijian Bio-Technology Development Co. Ltd., Simply Supplements, Dee Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Schiff Nutrition International Inc., Ethical Naturals Inc., Promax Nutrition Corp., FabriChem Inc., Nutrilite, Golden-Shell Biochemical Co. Ltd., Nutramax Laboratories Inc., Koyo Chemical Company Limited, and Navamedic ASA.
Browse all reports of this category at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/nutraceuticals-functional-foods-and-dietary-supplements
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global glucosamine market on the basis of application and region:
- Glucosamine Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Nutritional Supplements
• Food & Beverages
• Dairy Products
- Glucosamine Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Asia Pacific
Browse all upcoming reports by Grand View Research http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Animal Feed Organic Trace Minerals Market And Segment Forecasts To 2020 -
The global market for animal feed organic trace minerals is expected to reach USD 624.6 Million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Higher bioavailability or organic trace minerals in animals as compared to inorganic counterparts is expected to be a key driver for the market over the next six years.
Animal Feed Additives Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 -
The global market for animal feed additives is expected to reach USD 19.54 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing protein demand, especially in Asia Pacific and Latin America, is expected to be a key driver for additive demand over the next six years.