Miami, FL (PRWEB) July 31, 2017
The Miami office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. was recognized as the top office of a Large Law Firm by the Dade County Bar Association at the 2017 Legal Luminaries Awards. In addition, three attorneys from the Miami office were honored as winners for practice area categories.
The awards were presented July 26 at The Rusty Pelican in Key Biscayne. Each year, the Miami Dade County Bar Association selects three finalists in each category based on nominations received and invites Florida Bar members to vote for the winners. The winners are determined based upon the number of valid votes received for that category. The Greenberg Traurig 2017 Legal Luminaries winners are:
- Jaret L. Davis, recognized in the Mergers and Acquisitions category, is a co-managing shareholder of the Miami office and a shareholder in the firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice. He represents public and private companies, as well as startups and private equity, venture capital and angel investors, with a particular industry focus on the IT and life sciences/biotech sectors.
- Lucia A. Dougherty, recognized in the Top Lobbying and Government Relations category, is of counsel and co-chair of the Land Development and Zoning Practice of the Miami office. She represents major developers in securing governmental approvals for large-scale residential, commercial, mixed use, and/or retail projects before various municipal and county governments.
- Sabrina R. Gallo, recognized in the Health Care category, a shareholder in the firm’s Health & FDA and Litigation practices. She advises and represents clients under federal regulatory compliance laws relating to fraud and abuse, HIPAA and HITECH, Medicare, Medicaid, third-party reimbursement programs, false claims laws and regulations, STARK law and anti-kickback laws.
“We are thrilled that our Miami office is once again recognized as the top office of a Large Law Firm by The Dade County Bar Association,” said Miami Co-Managing Shareholder Yosbel A. Ibarra. “We applaud Jaret, Lucia and Sabrina for all of their accomplishments and congratulate them as recipients of the 2017 Legal Luminaries Award.”
Greenberg Traurig’s Miami office also had another nine attorneys who were finalists this year:
- Jacqueline Becerra, White Collar Criminal Defense
- Patricia Menéndez-Cambó, International
- Lorne S. Cantor, Mergers & Acquisitions
- David A. Coulson, Securities
- Robert S. Fine, Zoning & Land Use
- Richard J. Giusto, Real Estate Development Transactions
- Patrick F. Martin, Labor & Employment
- Ian M. Ross, Pro Bono and Public Interest
- Mark P. Schnapp, White Collar Criminal Defense
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.