Orange County, CA (PRWEB) December 23, 2015
Greenstar Home Services ‘Green It Up™’, an eco-friendly organization, is Orange County California and Las Vegas Nevada’s leader in sustainable plumbing, HVAC maintenance, and whole home water filtration services.
This Holiday Season, Greenstar wants to help homeowners prevent a plumbing emergency. The company has put together new tips to avoid a holiday mishap.
“While our team is available for emergency service calls during the Holidays,” comments Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO “We hope that these tips can help prevent a plumbing crisis”.
Tips to Prevent a Holiday Plumbing Emergency from Greenstar Home Services:
- Before putting food down the garbage disposal, ensure that the unit is running.
- Always run cold water when tossing items down the disposal.
- Never pour fats, such as bacon grease or oils down the drain, as they can solidify in pipes and cause a nasty clog.
- Use a garbage disposer cleaner to “de-grease” the pipes and help prevent buildup.
- Tossing ice down the disposal can help sharpen the blades.
- Try not to overload the garbage disposal; add food down the drain a little at a time.
- Do not run the dishwasher if you suspect a problem, as it discharges into the disposer.
- Advise houseguests to never flush feminine hygiene products or cotton balls down the toilet, as these materials do not dissolve and can cause backups.
- Homeowners should be aware of where water shut-off valves are located. This can be essential should a plumbing emergency arise.
- Call Greenstar Home Services to address potential plumbing issues before they become an emergency situation.
Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO notes, “In the case of an emergency, do not hesitate to contact Greenstar Home Services."
To learn more on Greenstar Home Services plumbing solutions, visit http://www.greenstarhomeservices.com
To view Greenstar’s blog, go to http://www.GreenstarHomeServices.com/blog
About Greenstar Home Services:
Greenstar Home Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Orange County and Las Vegas markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for our clients—and at an honest price.