Greenstar recommends homeowners review the following tips to prevent a costly plumbing emergency this Thanksgiving.
Las Vegas Nevada (PRWEB) November 25, 2015
Greenstar Home Services ‘Green It Up™’ sends warm Thanksgiving wishes to their local residents. The eco-friendly organization is Orange County California and Las Vegas Nevada’s leader in sustainable plumbing, HVAC maintenance, and whole home water filtration services.
Before sitting down to carve the Thanksgiving turkey, Greenstar recommends homeowners review the following tips to prevent a costly plumbing emergency.
“Our service technicians do get emergency calls on Thanksgiving,” notes Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO. “Garbage disposals are working overtime during Thanksgiving meal prep. This excess waste down the drain can overwhelm the system and cause a clog.”
Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO shares, “We compiled a few tips to share with our residents this Thanksgiving Season, in the hopes that we can help prevent a Holiday emergency.”
Prevost states, “In the case of an emergency, do not hesitate to contact Greenstar Home Services. We are here to help.”
Tips to Prevent a Holiday Plumbing Emergency from Greenstar Home Services:
- Before putting food down the garbage disposal, ensure that the unit is running.
- Fibrous foods such as celery, potato peels or other fruit are hard for the disposal to break down- avoid putting them down the drain.
- Never pour fats, such as bacon grease or oils down the drain, as they can solidify in pipes and cause a nasty clog.
- Advise house guests to never flush feminine hygiene products or cotton balls down the toilet, as these materials do not dissolve and can cause backups.
- Call Greenstar Home Services to address potential plumbing issues before they become an emergency situation.
To learn more on Greenstar Home Services plumbing solutions, visit http://www.greenstarhomeservices.com
To view Greenstar’s blog, go to http://www.GreenstarHomeServices.com/blog
About Greenstar Home Services:
Greenstar Home Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Orange County and Las Vegas markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for our clients—and at an honest price.