A recent study by the Center for Strategic and International Studies estimated cyber attacks cost the global economy $300 billion each year - and $100 million per year in the US.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 06, 2013
EC-Council’s flagship information security conference, Hacker Halted USA, officially starts on September 19th in Atlanta. Now in its sixth year, the conference consists of over 50 briefs by leading security researchers, divided into three-tracks over three days, and four days of advanced technical training by the industry’s top instructors.
“This year’s Hacker Halted USA is focusing on a wide range of escalating threats, from mobile security and the cloud to critical infrastructure targets,” said Eric Lopez, director of conferences and events for EC-Council. “Top security researchers from around the world, will be showcasing the latest vulnerabilities on which corporations, financial firms, government agencies and SMBs need to focus. In conjunction with Hacker Halted is the Global CISO Forum, an invitation-only event for top infosec executives to share information and discusses successes, failures and best practices.”
A recent study by the Center for Strategic and International Studies estimated cyber attacks cost the global economy $300 billion each year - and $100 million per year in the US. With such a massive impact on the global economy, more businesses and governments are seeking out new solutions and more proactive strategies to combat it. Information security conferences like Hacker Halted provide a unique glimpse into the world of hackers and give corporate executives, IT professionals and security teams a chance to preview the latest threats and defense strategies.
Here are key highlights of Hacker Halted USA:
- Hacker Halted USA runs from September 19-21 at the Atlanta Downtown Hilton
- Four keynotes by leading industry experts, including Charlie Miller, Adrian Crenshaw, Winn Schwartau and Ira Winkler
- 43 talks by top security experts, including well-known organizations like the US Army, U.S. Treasury, Facebook, Square, RSA, Qualys, McAfee’s Foundstone Division, Salesforce and Penn State University
- Presentations to cover latest vulnerabilities and hacking threats for mobile devices, the cloud, critical infrastructure and more
- Four days of advanced technical training (September 15-18) before the conference, including Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Certified Security Analyst (ECSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Advanced Penetration Testing, Advanced Mobile Hacking & Forensics, Advanced Network Defense, Hacking Secure Encryption & Countermeasures, Ultimate Malware Analysis, Snort Fundamentals, Ultimate Hacking: Human, Network Forensics and more
- Global CyberLympics, an international hacking competition, will have its on September 19th
- Global CISO Forum, an exclusive summit for information security executives, takes place in conjunction with Hacker Halted, from September 19-20 in Atlanta
For more information about Hacker Halted USA, visit http://www.hackerhalted.com. To learn more about the Global CISO Forum visit http://www.eccouncil.org/ciso/events and the CyberLympics at http://www.cyberlympics.org/.
ABOUT EC-COUNCIL :
The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member-based organization that certifies individuals in various e-business and security skills. EC Council is the owner and developer of the world-famous E-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (C|HFI), Certified Security Analyst (ECSA), License Penetration Tester (LPT) programs, and various others offered in over 60 countries around the globe. These certifications are recognized worldwide and have received endorsements from various government agencies including the US Federal Government via the Montgomery GI Bill, and the US Government National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) certifying EC-Council’s Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH), Network Security Administrator (ENSA), Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI), Disaster Recovery Professional (EDRP), Certified Security Analyst (E|CSA) and Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) program for meeting the 4011, 4012, 4013A, 4014, 4015 and 4016 training standards for information security professionals and most recently EC-Council has received accreditation from the American National standards Institute (ANSI).