Our listing syndication technology multiplies and broadcasts [your home listing] out to the various real estate sites where your property will be positioned to attract the most attention.
Wayne, PA (PRWEB) August 10, 2016
Homecast™ is an online real estate marketing service that saves homeowners time and money by helping them market and sell their homes using professional online tools and resources – without a real estate agent. The purpose of homecast™ is to forge a new home selling model, designed to better align the costs associated with the sale and marketing of a home with the actual work, effort and compensation paid. On Thursday, the Suburban Philadelphia company announced they are officially open for business.
“We’re currently supporting customers in Southeastern Pennsylvania where, in beta testing, we’ve already saved homeowners significant sums of money,” said Joe Lashinger, homecast™ CEO and co-founder. “By offering our service in another major market every few months, homecast™ eventually plans to reach and assist independent home sellers nationwide."
“We started this company because we were tired of seeing people lose their hard earned money when selling their home,” says Lashinger.
Traditionally, home sellers are responsible for agent commissions of up to 6% of the home’s selling price. For the average $350,000 home in the U.S., that equates to more than $21,000 in real estate agent commissions paid at closing. By comparison, homecast™ charges a flat fee of $799 for its paid service, which includes listings in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), and syndicated featured listings across the top real estate sites such as Zillow, Trulia, and many more. The homeowner already controls all of the required information to create an accurate listing; they merely need a conduit for marketing and distributing the property data to reach prospective home buyers.
“The manner in which house hunters search for properties has become increasingly digital. According to a study by the National Association of Realtors and Google, over 93% of home buyers begin their search online,” Lashinger said. “We are giving sellers professional tools to find buyers where they’re actively searching. We collect your property’s important details and help you to craft a compelling home listing that looks great. Our listing syndication technology then multiplies and broadcasts it out to the various real estate sites where your property will be positioned to attract the most attention.”
Once prospective home sellers register with homecast™, they can create a listing and get their home online in just a few minutes. At the website, homecast.io, sellers can:
1. Determine whether homecast™ makes sense for them. Homeowners can enter a selling price along with their outstanding mortgage balance, and homecast™ will estimate closing costs and calculate how much money they might save over using a traditional real estate agent.
2. Create a powerful real estate listing. Sellers are guided through a Listing Creation Wizard that allows them to easily create a powerful home listing that generates maximum buyer interest. Customers using homecast’s premium service have their home distributed as a Featured Listing to the MLS and 85+ major commercial real estate sites including Trulia.com, Zillow.com and Realtor.com.
3. Find the right price. Homecast™ provides sellers access to data that shows the most recent selling prices for homes comparable to theirs, as well as recent selling prices for nearly every home in their area. For recent sales, it also shows how long the houses were on the market and whether they sold above or below the asking price. More comprehensive pricing tools and data are set to rollout in late 2016.
4. Assemble a professional support team. Homecast™ is building a network of high-quality professionals to help independent home sellers through every stage of the process. Some common partnerships include: real estate attorneys, appraisers, stagers, cleaning services, and photographers and videographers.
5. Market and conduct an open house. Homecast™ provides tools for sellers to schedule and promote an open house in real time through the user dashboard. Open house information is then seen wherever the listing appears across real estate networks.
6. Talk directly to buyers. Homecast™ advises sellers on how to interact with potential buyers, and also allows for safe and anonymous messaging with interested buyers, without exposing personal information or emails.
“The digital world is dramatically changing the way consumers buy everything, and the real estate industry is no different,” said Mr. Lashinger. “What sets homecast™ apart is that it is updating what has become a very outdated real estate model. The person most familiar with a homeowner's property is placed in charge of the process – the homeowner. Homecast™ can then layer service and support over top of the listing syndication technology, all without overcharging."
Founded in 2016, homecast™ was developed by Joe Lashinger and Partners at Think it First LLC, (http://www.thinkitfirst.com) a digital marketing, design and technology firm based in Wayne, PA. Homecast™ is an online real estate technology platform built to allow home sellers to sell their houses without an agent. For more information or to create a free listing on homecast™, visit http://homecast.io.