Bangkok (PRWEB) March 18, 2014
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched yet another unique social media campaign; this time to entice newly-wed couples to win an exclusive six- or seven-day honeymoon trip along with an opportunity to engage in some meaningful activities that contribute to local culture, the environment and education.
The joint campaign with Thai Airways International and 21 honeymoon hotels and volunteer operators is designed to capitalise on a rapidly-growing trend for married couples seeking new ways to add meaning to their honeymoons or anniversaries by doing some local volunteer activity. This is sometimes referred to as Honeyteering: from honeymoon + volunteering.
Bearing the slogan “Honeyteering - We got so much love to give!”, the concept is to invite honeymooners worldwide to enter a contest to win an exclusive 7-day Honeyteering trip to Thailand. It is open for entry until 10 May, 2014.
Mr. Sugree Sithivanich, Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications, Tourism Authority of Thailand noted, "Many couples are looking for extraordinary and memorable ways to start their married life or commemorate an anniversary. Sharing a fulfilling volunteer experience is one way because it offers much more than just the ‘traditional honeymoon couple’ experience and makes it truly different and rewarding.”
He said that contestants can choose their preferred Honeyteering activity; such as, teaching English conversation in a local school, working in a local community, protecting the marine environment, or helping on a nature project. The choice of destinations offered include Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Samui.
“Whatever the winning couples choose, it is guaranteed to be a great start to their marriage which they will remember forever," the Deputy Governor said.
Weddings and honeymoons is one of four key niche-market customer segments being targeted by TAT as part of its marketing strategy for 2014. It fits perfectly within the “Thainess” marketing slogan, and also involves greater usage of social-media channels, widely proving to be an extremely successful and cost-effective medium.
Thailand is highly ranked worldwide as a romantic destination for weddings and honeymoons. On 9 January, 2014, the website fodors.com posted an article ranking The World’s Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014. Thailand was placed fifth on the list.
The article stated, “Thailand is perfect for couples who want to enjoy a mix of activities, from city excursions and nightlife, to mountain trekking, beach-combing and shopping in modern malls as well as outdoor food and flower markets.”
More details of the Honeyteering Campaign
- Newlywed couples or those taking a second honeymoon or marking a wedding anniversary.
- Target markets: EU, US, Australia and Asia.
How to enter the contest?
1. Log onto the dedicated website: http://www.honeyteeringthailand.com.
2. Select the Honeyteering trip that you most wish to experience in Thailand; such as, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Ko Samui.
3. Complete your profile and write a message to your friends
4. Use social media and email to share the unique URL page link with your friends, and ask them to vote for you by clicking "HEART" on your page.
The 4 couples who collect the most Hearts will win.
1. Honeyteering trip of 7 days: 1) Return international air-tickets, 2) 6 nights stay at a luxury hotel, 3) all meals, 4) volunteer activity, 5) sightseeing tours, and 6) transportation.
2. Photo Shoot: a honeymoon photography portrait session with a professional portrait photographer.
For further information on the Honeyteering contest, including draft programmes of the choice of winning trips, please check out http://www.honeyteeringthailand.com or contact info(at)honeyteeringthailand(dot)com.