We look forward to this annual event that celebrates the individuals that have overcome obstacles on the way to a brighter future. We offer our continued thanks to the many business and community partners that make our mission achievable year after year.
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (PRWEB) May 07, 2019
Horizon Goodwill is hosting its 64th Annual Power of Work Awards Program to honor the accomplishments of program participants in 2018. Business and community partners that have partnered with Goodwill to build hope and improve the lives of individuals in 2018 will also be recognized.
CEO, David Shuster said, "This is an opportunity to celebrate and recognize the good in our community. The awards dinner celebrates the individuals that have benefited from Horizon Goodwill's services and allows us to thank community partners that have significantly supported our mission- to remove barriers and create opportunities for employment."
Horizon Goodwill is honoring the following individuals and businesses:
- Employer of the Year: Caldwell Manufacturing, Williamsport, MD
- Mission Partner of the Year: Literacy Volunteers, Winchester Area, Winchester, VA
- Business Partner of the Year: The Historic Maryland Theatre, Hagerstown, MD
- Team Spirit Award: Environmental Services Leadership Team, Horizon Goodwill Industries, Hagerstown, MD
- Chuck S. Robinette Spirit of Goodwill Award: Byyan Boddie of Cumberland, MD
- Achiever of the Year: David Peterson of Winchester, VA
- Bennett S. Rubin Graduate of the Year: Rafael Graham of Hagerstown, MD
- Massey H. Roe Community Service Award: Bill Gaertner of Hagerstown, MD
The 2018 Awards Dinner Program is presented by Purdue University Global and will be held at Fountainhead Country Club May 8, 2019, from 5:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.
Shuster said, "The awards dinner is a unique experience for the community to see first-hand how the power of work changes lives. We look forward to this annual event that celebrates the individuals that have overcome obstacles on the way to a brighter future. We offer our continued thanks to the many business and community partners that make our mission achievable year after year."
Visit http://www.horizongoodwill.org to find the nearest Goodwill location or learn how you can help build a better future for someone in your community.
About Horizon Goodwill
Goodwill has been rated #1 above the global brands Amazon and Google for the Brand World Value Rankings for 2016. Horizon Goodwill Industries, whose mission is "Removing Barriers, Creating Opportunities," is a non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that all people have access to employment despite significant obstacles. Horizon Goodwill serves over 7,000 clients annually in a 17-county region that includes parts of the states of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. For more information, please visit http://www.horizongoodwill.org.