New Orleans, Louisiana (PRWEB) October 05, 2013
Searching for a home can be an adventure, but it can also be an incredibly stressful time. With low interest rates, and a number of values available, many Americans are beginning to search for new homes. The home security and alarm professionals at AlarmSystemReport.com created a list of tips for home buyers to make the process more manageable.
1. Location should be a primary concern, but this doesn’t always mean avoiding properties that aren’t in the hottest neighborhoods. Home buyers can save a significant amount of money by purchasing a home that’s in a less popular neighborhood, but still has access to great schools, transportation and amenities. Don’t avoid properties that aren’t in the hottest zip code, but do search for properties close to all of the things that are important to daily life.
2. Search for a home that can be a long-term place to live. It’s expensive and time-consuming to frequently buy and sell homes. Instead, look for properties that will allow for growth. For example, young families could search for extra bedrooms in case they have children in the future, or for buyers with aging parents, it may be a good idea to look for a home that has an accessible guest suite.
3. Make a list of non-negotiable amenities before ever starting the search for a new home. For example, some buyers may want top home alarm systems, which can be more convenient than moving wireless alarm systems, and especially hard wired alarm systems. Whatever a buyer’s must-haves are, they should be clear on these items so that they can better eliminate potential properties and streamline the search.
4. Don’t fall in love with any property. For home buyers—particularly first time buyers—it can become tempting to become committed to a property and then raise bids by what seems like a little amount at the time, such as $20,000, but ultimately this is a lot of money and it may not be worth it in the long run.
5. Home buyer should do their own research. Even for buyers who are using the services of a realtor, it’s best to become informed before starting the home search. Look at prices, comparable prices, market trends, etc.
6. Get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will make the home buying process much easier, rather than attempting to estimate or guess how much can be spent on a home. Many buyers are surprised by the amount they actually qualify for.
Home security and alarm specialists created AlarmSystemReport.com, a leading third party provider of comparisons and reviews of top alarm companies in the country. The site also provides consumers with access to coupons and discount codes that can be used toward the purchase of an alarm system.