Vkool.com Releases Their Tips On How To Prevent Birth Defects And Down Syndrome During Pregnancy
How To Prevent Birth Defects And Down Syndrome During Pregnancy, a new report on the website Vkool.com uncovers healthy diet plans, simple exercises for pregnant women, and useful tips for preventing birth defects and Down syndrome.
Seattle, Wa (PRWEB) June 30, 2014
How To Prevent Birth Defects And Down Syndrome During Pregnancy, a new report on the site Vkool.com shows a wide range of useful tips for preventing birth defects and down syndrome such as:
- Take a multivitamin daily that includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid
- Try to maintaining preconception health. People should eat nutritional and well-balanced meals.
- Seek an annual wellness and gynecological exam.
- Avoid all activities, which could potentially lead to Down syndrome and birth defects such as tobacco, illicit drugs, alcohol, and caffeine.
- If people have any family history of Down syndrome and birth defects, they should obtain genetic counseling and Down syndrome and birth defect screening.
- Eat foods that are rich in vitamin B12: vitamin B12 deficiency can result in permanent birth defects. Vitamin B12 is critical for normal neurological maintenance and development. It is a B complex vitamin and it is naturally presented in foods, which come from animals including fish, eggs, meat, milk and milk products.
- Eat foods that are high in vitamin B9: vitamin B9 deficiency at the time of conception can increase the risk for Down syndrome and birth defects such as spina bifida. Great sources of this vitamin are lentils, beans, spinach, asparagus, lettuce, avocado, broccoli, tropical fruits, oranges, and wheat bread.
- Eat a healthy diet and taking prenatal vitamins
- Get exercise regularly and plenty of rest
- Get early and regular prenatal care
- Eat foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to a child's development. Best sources of omega-3 fatty acids are flaxseed oil, fish oil, omega-3 enriched eggs, green soybeans, wild rice, walnuts, canola oil, and grape leaves.
- Avoid sugar and processed foods
- Avoid junk food and fast foods
- Take high-quality probiotics: good bacteria can help women reduce the risk of premature labor, and protect their babies from developing eczema in childhood.
- Take vitamin D supplements: vitamin D helps women reduce the risk of premature birth, and protect against a number of birth defects and autism.
Hang Pham from the site Vkool.com says, “How To Prevent Birth Defects And Down Syndrome During Pregnancy is a good report that consists of easy tips for preventing birth defects and down syndrome. This report also covers healthy diet plans and simple exercises that can help give birth to a healthy baby.”
If people want to get more detailed information from the “How To Prevent Birth Defects And Down Syndrome During Pregnancy” article, they should visit the website: http://vkool.com/how-to-prevent-birth-defects/.
About Vkool: Tony Nguyen is the founder of the website Vkool - Better information, Better Lives. This website provides people with a collection of articles on home health, beauty tips, relationship advice, and lifestyle.