Dallas, TX (PRWEB) August 28, 2013
Consumers have four months to spend the dollars they set aside in their health savings accounts (HSA) and flexible spending accounts (FSA) in 2013. DealWell.com, the Dallas-based site that allows consumers to compare, bid and save on health and wellness services, has hundreds of offers to help stretch those savings account dollars and help people take care of themselves.
Many HSA and FSA plans cover services like teeth cleanings, eye exams and new glasses, chiropractic care and even big-ticket items like LASIK surgery and Invisalign. DealWell urges consumers to check with their plan administrators to determine eligibility for particular services, and then log on to DealWell.com to view prices at nearby providers and get a great deal.
“It’s always a challenge to estimate the amount you want to put into your HSA or FSA – you never know for sure how much you’ll need,” says DealWell President and Co-Founder Geoffrey Fischer. “And as a result, many consumers have money that they have to use or face losing. Savvy consumers can make the most of their HSA and FSA dollars at hundreds of high quality North Texas health and wellness providers on DealWell.com. It’s quick and convenient. You can pay with an HSA/FSA credit or debit card, or you can submit the DealWell receipt to your plan for reimbursement.”
DealWell negotiates discounts of at least 20 percent and up to 85 percent off the retail price for every service on the site. Each offer has a “Buy Now” price and the ability for consumers to bid for even more savings. DealWell also offers free consultations for a number of the costlier services on the site, including LASIK surgery, Invisalign, bariatric surgery and cosmetic surgery. These free consultations allow consumers to see the office, meet the doctor and ask as many questions as they want – all at no cost and no obligation. As a result of claiming the free consultation at DealWell.com, the patient is guaranteed the discounted DealWell price if they choose to have the procedure with that provider.
Five tips to help estimate a 2014 HSA/FSA contribution
The fall also brings benefit planning time for most companies, and the time to estimate how much money you want to put into your HSA or FSA. Benefits expert Brian Borovay has five tips to help consumers calculate their contribution:
1) What kind of health insurance do you have? This will help guide your big-picture decision. A high-deductible plan might call for a larger contribution.
2) What are your routine medical payments from the previous year? Think about your deductible, co-insurance maximum, prescription drugs, dental/orthodontics, vision, assistance for disabled, therapies and treatments, counseling and psychiatric care, and medical equipment.
3) Are there any big-ticket items coming up this year? Some surgeries, procedures or devices can be planned for. Braces, a new pair of glasses, LASIK, foot surgery or back surgery, for example, might hold until early next year so your plan can help absorb the cost.
4) What do your childcare costs run you annually? While this isn’t a healthcare cost, it’s still important to factor in your FSA.
5) Did you know the HSA gives you a triple tax advantage: your contributions are pre-tax, the account grows tax-deferred – meaning it’s interest bearing, and the money can be taken out tax-free before age 65 for any type of eligible HSA expense. Any left-over money at the end of the year stays with you too.
“There is no solid calculator for these things,” says Fischer. “But spending a little time putting pen to paper will help you come out on top.”
The first website that allows consumers to compare, bid and save on health and wellness services, DealWell.com has more than 1000 offers from 200 providers across the Metroplex, in 10 major categories: chiropractic, cosmetic surgery, dental, eye exams and LASIK, hormone therapy, massage, medical imaging, medical spa and day spa, physicals and urgent care, and weight loss/management. DealWell negotiates discounts of up to 85 percent off retail price, and every offer has a “Buy Now” price and the ability to bid for even more savings. Unlike “daily deals” sites, offers on DealWell are available 24/7/365, and for every service consumers have a broad choice of providers. Purchases made on DealWell may be eligible for reimbursement from FSA/HSA plans or applicable to insurance deductibles, if the service is covered by the plan. Consumers are urged to check with their plan administrators for details.
Providers interested in featuring their services on DealWell may click here.
Consumers who are interested in DealWell’s weekly email may sign up by visiting http://www.DealWell.com.
# # #
For more information, contact Karen Carrera, TrizCom, at karen(at)trizcom(dot)com, 972.207.1935 or on Twitter, @kjcarrera.