This portfolio covers a broad array of RFID related technologies, with an early priority date of 2005. It is an important portfolio for smartphone manufacturers, financial institutions, credit card, sensor companies, and retail security system companies.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 18, 2015
ICAP Patent Brokerage announces for sale patents related to RFID and mobile payments, including systems and methods for configuring an RFID device as a data logger and switchable tags, available from inventor Steven M. Colby. This portfolio is offered as part of the Internet of Things IP Auction, with a bidding deadline of July 30th, 2015.
“This portfolio covers a broad array of RFID related technologies, with an early priority date of 2005. It is an important portfolio for smartphone manufacturers, financial institutions, and credit card, sensor companies, and retail security system companies,” says Dean Becker, CEO of ICAP Patent Brokerage.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
With a 2005 priority date, the disclosed portfolio describes systems and methods for a broad array of RFID- related technology. Highlights of the portfolio include:
- Switchable RFID tags (US 7,924,156 and 14/468,110)
- Communication Devices (cell phones) including Near-field communications (US 7,924,156 and US 14/660,825)
- Improved RFID Security Devices (US 14/659,072)
- RFID Data Loggers (US 8,816,826)
- RFID Sensors (US 14/660,927)
- Financial Devices Including Switchable RFID tags (US 13/084,433)
- Manually Programmable RFID (US 14/660,907)
- RFID Shielding (US 7,719,425) Issued Patents specifically include:
- Various switchable RFID devices (e.g., cellular phones, toll tags, identity documents, security or financial devices, remote controls, etc.) that include switchable RFID tags. Tags may be manually, electronically or wirelessly switched between different modes. For example, claims cover use of switches to select between different operational states of an RFID tag disposed in a cell phone, or an RFID tag having multiple ON states and disposed in a cellular telephone. Some embodiments include switching an RFID tag between modes based on receiving a wireless key. Some embodiments include a mechanical switch configured to control writing data to an RFID tag. Some embodiments include a security device configured to send different RFID signals responsive to a state of a mechanical switch. (US 7,924,156)
- A method to configure a passive RFID device as a data logger in two modes—i.e., a logging mode in which the RFID logs information received from a transmitter, and an upload mode in which the RFID device is configured to upload to a receiver logged information and/or information identifying the RFID. Optionally, the logging mode is used when there is insufficient power to send a readable response signal to the transmitter. Logged information can include, for example, location and temperature. (US 8,816,826)
- A shielding device for RFID tags, which in preferred embodiments consists of RFID-enabled identity documents (e.g., passports, credit cards, or driver’s licenses), including shielding configured to alternatively shield or expose operation of an RFID tag. (US 7,719,425)
Forward-citing companies include Google, Intel, Mastercard, Ask, Vertrix, Ionsense, and Safran.
See the technical description of the RFID IP sales offering.
To learn more about the intellectual property available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Michelle Tyler of ICAP Patent Brokerage at (650) 741-4117 or via email at michelle(at)icapip(dot)com.
If you have a patent portfolio for sale, visit our website to make a patent portfolio submission for an upcoming sealed bid event.
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm, leveraging the talents of experienced patent brokers to match buyers and sellers for the sale of patents and other intellectual property assets. With multiple transaction platforms and unparalleled industry knowledge, including experience with trademarks, brands, intellectual property licensing, and UCC sales, ICAP Patent Brokerage is the global leader in the transaction of intellectual property.