"We are pleased to add such respected leaders within the mobile games industry to our advisory board and we’re excited by their enthusiasm around the long-term vision and the potential of our Playable Data Platform"
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada (PRWEB) October 01, 2015
icejam, a mobile games company at the forefront of using big data to transform the mobile games experience, today announced the addition of four new members to its advisory board: Marc Alloul, Andrew Ayre, Neil Haldar and Damir Slogar, who join existing advisors Michael Chang and Matt Gillis. All six senior executives bring a track record of innovation and entrepreneurial success within the mobile games industry to icejam, as well as the ability to offer critical guidance to the fast-growing company.
The addition of these advisors further validates and supports the momentum growing behind icejam’s Playable Data™ Platform, and its ability to create world-class mobile content. Incorporating real-time global, local and personal streams of big data into mobile gameplay will provide players with a great new experience in a constantly changing, context-aware game environment.
The newly expanded advisory board now includes:
- Michael Chang is SVP Corporate Development for NCSoft West. He previously led Electronic Arts’ investment and acquisition activity in F2P mobile and PC gaming, including the acquisitions of Bight Games, developer of The Simpsons: Tapped Out – EA’s most successful F2P mobile game to date; KlickNation, developers of Heroes of Dragon Age and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes; and ESN, developers of the “Battlelog” for the Battlefield franchise.
- Matt Gillis is President of Millennial Media’s Platform business and a mobile industry veteran with more than 15 years’ experience with wireless software and content. He led boutique mobile games publisher, Cosmic Infinity, to their acquisition by Japanese mobile gaming giant, Capcom.
- Marc Alloul, Managing Partner at W2/W3 Investments Inc., is a veteran in the mobile entertainment industry and brings extensive experience in large publicly traded as well as smaller, private equity funded companies. As an active member of the management team, he instrumented the sale of Bight Games to Electronic Arts; Mobitween to Zed Group, and Airborne Entertainment to Cybird.
- Andrew Ayre is a serial entrepreneur and Founder and CEO of Other Ocean Group, an award-winning, multi-platform, interactive entertainment publisher that also operates a quality assurance studio for the industry’s most established publishers.
- Neil Haldar is an experienced gaming executive and former Vice President, Business Development at GREE International -- a global leader in building engaging, free-to-play social mobile games whose revenue for CY2014 exceeded $1 billion.
- Damir Slogar, Founder and President of Big Blue Bubble, offers extensive experience in developing award-winning games across a multitude of gaming platforms. His company, Big Blue Bubble is the largest independent mobile games company in Canada, and was recently ranked 116th on the 27th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Stuart Duncan, Founder & CEO of icejam, states: “We are pleased to add such respected leaders within the mobile games industry to our advisory board and we’re excited by their enthusiasm around the long-term vision and the potential of our Playable Data Platform.”